Wednesday, April 12, 2006

What a great deal.................

Refering back to yesterday's post, Has to be me commented that she too shops for good bargins. This got me to thinking that it might be fun to hear from my readers about their GREATEST ALL TIME DEALS.

I have already shared with you about my three pair of shoes for three pennies. (Did I tell you that one of them was the brand name Candies, so I always ask people if they like my penny candies? Boy does that get me some stange looks!) The other day, a family member called me up and ask me if I wanted her to pick up some Boost. (Boost is a nutritional supplement that I use for my residents if they need to gain weight or get more protien.) She found some for a dollar a six pack. Normally a six pack is aroud seven dollars and fifty cents. I had her pick me up twenty-four six packs for a savings of one hundred fifty-six dollars. That is an amazingly good deal.

I would love it if you shared your best bargins with me. I find hearing about great deals both motivating and inspireing. Your deals don't have to be limited to purchases. Maybe your best deal was winning a bet and not having to do the dishes for three months, or agreeing to go on a blind date, meeting (your own) Mister/Misses and living happily ever after. Those type of deals are wonderful to hear about as well. Looking forward to my own little version of "Deal or no deal," only without the brief cases or all the hot babes in the low cut dresses.

6 comments:

Has to be me said...

Oopsy! Patty I just dont recall any such "bargain" deals! Probably there were some but I just cant recall...I just live for that moment...that small little joy that I gotta bargain! Probably none worth mentioning?!

And well I must say that most of the bargain deals that I buy are normally the 'not so essential things'...like clothes, footwear etc...meaning I wld;ve bought them cos they were @ a special price! ;)U know, the typical girl shopping mental attitude?! I'm a shopping buff!

Patty said...

Has to be me,

Have you read the Shopaholic series of books? I can't remember who they are writen by, but your librarian would know. Her style is light-hearted, humerous, and witty. In the one I just finished, she meets a half-sister that she never knew she had, and finds out to her great horror that her sister hates to shop! Can you imagine anything worse for someone that was "Born to shop?"

Has to be me said...

Morning Patty

Yup I just cant imagine a lady who doesnt like to shop! But well on second thots 2 of my close female friends just hate to shop...they just go the shop & buy whatever just for the sake of buying. I love window shopping & they dont even like that! Hence they seldom come shopping with me & vice versa!! lol!

Regarding the book, I have just lost touch with reading esp after the 2 kids + work & social commitments!

Happy Easter hols...! Anything specially planned for Easter?

Patty said...

When I am looking for something specific, I perfer to shop alone, so I don't have to worry about waiting for the other guy to look at every little thing. When I shop with friends, I look at it purely as a social outing, and don't really plan to get much else accomplished; Spending time with good friends is important enough on it's own.

Trust me...... The day will come when you get to do all those things that fall by the way side now as you put your family first. I too did all of those committee things. By the time my youngest was in third grade, I finally decided that if I didn't say no sometimes, I was robbing someone else of the oportunity to volunteer. (and these were the exact words I used when the phone calls came pouring in. How can someone argue with that logic.)

As horrible as it sounds, what I am most hoping for for Easter Sunday, is for all of my residents to be gone with their families for the same two hours so I can have my house to myself. The last time (my) Mister and I were alone in our house together was two Februarys ago. Talk about not having any alone time.

Has to be me said...

Wow, thats rather romantic! Enjoy!

Patty said...

I am not sure about the romance...... Seems as soon as our heads hit the pillow these days we are sound asleep. I do plan to run around naked though......JUST BECAUSE I CAN! And maybe read/write an entire paragraph,without interuption. Talk about living on the wild side.!