Thursday, April 27, 2006

Tying up some loose ends...................................

About the chocolates...................

While we still have several of them left, the contest is officially over, with not much new to report. The winner is officially John and Kira's. The chocolate from Bissinger's was good, but compared to the other two, was nothing special. In fact several of the pieces had fillings that were so over sweet, that they blocked out not only the taste of the chocolate, but it was also hard to even determine what the filling was. The chocolates from La Masion Du Chocolates, is a very high quality product, and I think it comes down to personal taste as to which one becomes the favorite. I had a friend taste both, and she perfered La Masion. Where they would edge out in front for me, is in the size of the chocolates. Their box is smaller, as are the individual pieces, (And there are more pieces in the box.) making them better for portion control. I also want to tell you, that after the first mention of the taste test, I sent John and Kira an e-mail and told them about my taste compare contest, and gave them my link so they could check it out for themselves. I actually got a response back that refered enough to the blog post that someone had to have read it. I rate this high on customer service, and any company that makes me feel like an individual gets brownie points. Which is a good segway into the next topic........................

I have sent my registration in for the Compassion In Action training, and now I need to find a hotel. Of course it sounds easy to punch in map quest, print out directions, and then click on hotels and there you have it. It NEVER works out that way for me, but eventually I aquired a number to a hotel that appeared to be close to where the conference is happening. I called the hotel to be sure of the location and see if there were rooms available. Someone aswered the phone, and before I had gotten a half of sentence out of my mouth ask if I could hang on a minute. Of course I said yes, so onto hold I went, and five seconds later got a RECORDING TO LEAVE A MESSAGE. You've got to be kidding me. Right? I did not leave a message, and after stewing about this for a bit, I decided to call another hotel that looked fairly close as well. This time the person that answered actually talked to me, but when I ask where they were located in reference to the conference, SHE HAD NO IDEA! Okay! We are not talking Chicago here, but Addison IL. And even if she herself didn't know, don't ya think she could have put me on hold and found out the information? So now I am trying to figure out who I should give my business to, since both places treated me so poorly. If anyone reading this, knows Addison, PLEASE drop me a line and let me know where a good place to stay is. Thanks. And on a more personal note.......... You know who you are.................YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! ( as in "Yes! I WAS thanking YOU for the information.) I am nervous thinking about meeting you in the flesh because of all the great things I had heard about you from our mutual aquaintance. Not to mention the fact that I have set on my butt about getting this training for two years, and you were so promptly pro-active about seeking it out. Don't be surprised if I rub your arm a lot while we are together...... I am hoping that some of your goodness rubs off onto me.

Also on a personal note of sorts....... About commenting....... Those of you that tell me you would have left a comment, but you didn't know how...... Join the club........ I have heard so many tales of bad things happening when you click on something you should not have clicked on. This site is not one of those times. Simply click on "Reader's Thoughts," and that will pull up a window with a box you can type in (under "leave your comments.") Write whatever is on your mind, (I know there is something you are dying to say!....... You NEVER have trouble speaking up when I am driving, or want to pick the movie!) and when you are done, click on the little circle beside anonymous, scroll down until you see the funny blue letters and type those letters in the little box below. Hit the "login in and publish" button, and that is that. NOT scary at all. If you want me to know who you are, you can sign your name, or else use your code name (Like "my other right arm," "(my) Mister," "You know who you are," "Our mutual aquaintance," To keep the rest of the reader's (and myself) guessing. Now, scroll down and practice........................... It won't bite. I promise!

Since telling the universe to back off on bringing me change, things have been a little more calm around here...... I HAVE been able to get my running and work-outs in, and maybe today I will even get those last two windows clean! IT COULD HAPPEN! It is suppose to be in the sixties outside today, and the sun is shining. Sunshine means a new crop of weeds will be peaking their heads out of the ground to get warm, and fight with my flowers for survivial, making it impossible for me to relax in my hammock. (That was purchased as a joint present for Last mother's/father's day present, and used exactly three times since. This year there is talk about a new gas grill. Not all that romantic, but at least I KNOW it will get used!) So much to do......... So little time................ Enjoy checking things off your own personal to do list today!

No comments: