Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I'm it.......................

I have had the honor of being tagged by One4JC to list ten things that I like. The list is suppose to be original ideas. (Not yet listed by others.) Since we all know I am one of a kind this should be a walk in the park. Hey! That sounds like a good place to start............

1) A walk in the park...... Holding the hand of someone I love, with nothing to do but enjoy each other and the world around us.

2) Chocolate........ Yes! I know this is a given, so I thought I would get it out of the way. Let's face it.......If I hadn't included it in my list you would all think someone else had made this list and just used my name.

3) Being awake in my house in the early hours of the morning.......... While all of my loved ones are sleeping safe and sound under my roof.

4) Half and half in my coffee................ Yup! The real thing. No powder, or fat free junk for me. I have given up lots of food items for the sake of getting healthy, but I am keeping this one...... After all, I only drink coffee in the morning................ How bad can that be for you? (Don't tell me! I don't really want to know.)

5) The fraud protection on my debit card. (The instructions said unique didn't they?)....................... While I was typing number four, the phone rang and it was the fraud protection department wanting to be sure my spending spree yesterday was done by me and not someone else. This gives me lots of piece of mind using my debit card on line and when traveling.

6) My muscle definition........................ For the greatest share of my life, I have been over weight and out of shape. Even though (technically) I am still over weight, I am strong and able to participate in activities that I would never have considered doing in my younger years.

7) The people in my world..................... While I was typing number six the phone rang, (Are we seeing a pattern here? Know that you won't find the "phone ringing" listed as one of my likes!) and it was my son confirming that he was coming over after work to do some yard work for me. I am blessed with many wonderful people that love me dearly, and no list of my likes would be complete without mention of them. (The phone just rang AGAIN! ENOUGH ALREADY!)

8) Knitting.................... I find this craft creative, relaxing, and an extremely enjoyable way to pass the time.

9) Playing photographer.................... I love shooting an entire roll of film, click, click, click, and then waiting in anticipation for them to come back from the developer to find that there is one or two REALLY good ones out of the bunch. I am working on switching over to digital, but there is just something missing being able to see the pics as soon as you shoot them. I feel the same way about finding out baby's sex before birth. Anticipation can be really fun.

10) My life............... I am at a point in my life where I am really really content. Not that I have no future dreams and/or goals, just that I have learned to appreciate the blessings I have been given. I am a lucky, lucky girl!

Now comes the time when I am suppose to tag ten people to compose their own list of ten likes. Of the two regular blog commenters, one was the one that tagged me. That leaves has to be me for me to tag. And I would also invite any other readers to take a minute and count some of your blessings ( one through ten) in the comment section. So....... has to be me and nine anonymous readers........... YOU ARE (now) IT! Have fun!

3 comments:

one4JC said...

Good Job! I like the tags where I get to reflect on the positives in my life...Well done!

Patty said...

Thanks for the praise, One 4jc! It was fun!

Has to be me said...

Oopsy Patty! I dunno what to write regd u tagging me!!! Shall think it over & shall come up with something! It was nice 2 read ur top 10! :)