Monday, April 03, 2006

One more New York story, and I'll (try) and let it go.....................

This one is for all you moms out there.

Part of our race adventure included a pasta party at Tavern on the Green, located in Central Park. We were on our way back to the hotel, walking on a well lit path, and my daughter brought up the Central Park stangler. Not thirty seconds after she stopped talking, she let a shriek why simultaneously grabbing my arm. Now you know where my mind went, "We're about to be mugged, and the only thing of value I have with me is my wedding ring, and my child. He can have the ring, but if he touches one hair on her head he is toast!" (I have always been the mamma bear protecting her cubs kinda parent.) In the couple of seconds it took for these thoughts to travel through my head, my daughter found her voice and was able to point out what had startled her. It was a big racoon! Not a mugger in sight! As I was trying to figure out why she was so upset, a second racoon came waddling over to join the first. I was so relieved that we were not in mortal danger, that all I could do was laugh. Finally, I was able to ask why she had grabbed me. Without missing a beat, she explained that her plan had been to throw me in between her and the wild beast if necessary. The moral of the story......... One may grow up and leave home, but one will always need their mother. Isn't that reasuring to know?

I feel lucky and blessed that as my children grow they continue to rely on me for input, support, and even friendship.

Speaking of friendship........... We all know that there is nothing more valuable than a dear friend. One (I only allow myself two. I had been following one about a guy trying to beat an addiction, but he felt cured enough to stop posting, so I needed a replacement.) of the blogs I enjoy reading, had a wonderful post about two friends that ended up following different paths. After reading the post, I started thinking of some of the people that I have lost touch with over the years. By the end of the day, two of those people called me out of the blue. Pretty cool! If you are looking for a sweet (calorie free) read, check out http://www.hastobeme.blogspot.com/ Login to my world.

Today is a work day for me. (I know...... That doesn't happen to often.) I have to type up a letter to fax to a resident's doctor, and then if he thinks a visit is in order, he comes to the house. Imagine! A doctor that makes house calls....... I have not one, but two that do so for my residents. What a blessing that is for both them and me. I also have someone starting to orientate (to fill in for us from time to time,) and I must dig up all the paperwork associated with that. I hope it is where I think it is, or that in and of itself could take all day.

The silly time change has everyone's biological time clock messed up, they are all still sleeping, so I am starting the day behind schedule. The price I pay for a little extra peace and quiet!

2 comments:

Has to be me said...

Dear Patty

Thanks for writing abt my post & blog!

So true abt moms. You always know that she is there for u. My mom is the world to me (& hope my kids wud think of me that way too!)

Good blog.

Has to be me said...

Hi Patty

How come nothing new? Hope alls well with ya & family.

And u know what, just as if to reiterate what I'd said yesterday (i.e hope my kids wud think of me that way too!), last nite I was up most of the time with my son being sick & I was thinking of u & what I'd written in ur post!

Have u decided about Pooky?! :)

Cheers