Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The chocolate is in the mail..................

I voted NOT to go through the whole production of a big Easter dinner this year. (Well, for several years now.) I made my family a nice dinner, (Ribeye on the grill, roasted red-skinned potatoes, etc...) not just every dish known to man, the table isn't going to support all the food, why SIX different deserts kind of dinner. Yesterday morning, remembering my pledge to taste compare the different chocolate companies I have been discovering, I justified that since I didn't spend the money on Easter dinner, I could take money out of the budget for chocolate.

So..... By the time the first show case show down on the Price is Right was over yesterday, I had placed an order at La Maison Du Chocolate, Bissinger's, and John and Kira's. Two hours later, I had received e-mail notices from all of them that my orders had been processed and were on the way. Talk about service!

The three of us are looking forward to our nightly tasting parties. (Though (my) Mister did have to share that he "hoped I didn't order any with nuts in it." Mine and youngest favorites, his not so much.) I ordered three assortments, which should give us a good all around comparision. La Maison, only offered overnight shipping (at twenty-seven bucks)the rest had standard. We will see how long it takes for all three to arrive. (It was at this point that (my) Mister said, "You mean you ordered from three different companies? I thought you ordered three different kinds from one company." If I didn't know better, I would swear that English was not his primary language. We have had AT LEAST three different conversations about the need to compare COMPANIES to determine which one was best....... Focus Mister, focus!)

Anyway, get excited...... I can tell you that mouth sure is. Brain has been really keeping a tight control on mouth these days for two reasons. First, the up-coming trail run in June. Second, I have found that I really feel better when I eat less. I have more energy, and the food I do eat is more enjoyable.

Speaking of enjoyable....... Check out this blog the next time you need a pick-me-up. It is posted by a cat!...... Kitty Litter: Diary of a cat named Sy Blessings for a faboulous day!

No comments: