Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A life of its own...............................

This whole chocolate adventure is taking on a life of its own. This tells me either: (1) I have crossed the line on this whole chocolate thing, (2) I need a new hobby, or (3) I am over indulging that inner brat of mine again................

Less than twenty-four hours after ordering it, I received my chocolate from
La Maison Du Chocolat. How's that for promt delivery? Took me fifteen minutes to get all the tape off the box and reach the chocolate, and they had mailed it in an insulted container to insure freshness and non-melting. This speaks to the quality of the company don't you think? This being the most expensive of the three, the box sure looked tiny. I consoled myself with the saying "good things come in small packages," and placed it lovingly aside to get online and track where the other two boxes were. Did you know you can do that now? One more thing brown can do for us!

Though we had nothing to compare, (of course) we had to sample some last night. (My) Mister and I tried to hold out for our youngest, (she said she would be home from her track meet by eight...... We waited until eight-ten!) but ended up starting without her. She caught up with no problem once she did get home. So far, the jury had reached the verdict that La Maison's chocolate is at least as good as Sees. (We have only had three peices so far.) It is very rich and creamy, and satisfying. Translation....... I willingly surrendered the box after we each choose one piece to share. (My) Mister didn't have to pull it out of my grasp and/or hide it from me. Mouth later told me it was her idea of Heaven. Bonus....... Acording to the box, five pieces is a serving at only one hundred ninety calories, (never mind that one hundred ten of them are fat calories) that qualifies it for one of my two hundred calorie meals! The other two boxes are slated to arrive today, and mouth is so excited that she was talking in her sleep last night!

Speaking of food................... You may remember that I was using protein powder as a way of being sure I was getting enough protein in my diet. I have tried a few different kinds, but all of them seem to have an after taste, and/or be chalky and thick tasting. When I went to our member's club store (the place where you buy in bulk) I found a MEGA size container of premium whey protein by Body Fortress. Twenty grams of protein, one gram of sugar, and two and a half grams of fat per serving. Cost the same for eighty one servings as the others cost for sixteen servings. Best thing....... It actually taste okay! Much better than the other ones I have tried. Yesterday, I mixed it with Lactaid (milk) and added a little vanilla and cinnamon, and it made a really yummy (one hundred ninty calorie) meal. Mouth gave this a really high rating, so if you have been searching for a good meal replacement and/or after work-out snack, give this one a try.

All this talk about food has mouth in an up-roar. I'd better go feed her before things get ugly. Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Has to be me said...

Pattttttyyyyyyyyy..........ummmm.....my mouth is just watering reading abt the chocolates! Feel like indulging in one myself! :D
How did u manage to loose weight despite eating all these yummies?