Monday, April 10, 2006

No real post today..........................

I spent the time usually devoted to posting on writing two detailed reports to fax to doctors when their offices open later this morning. One was for a resident, and one was for (my) Mister. He did something to his back (again) and has been getting lots of tender loving care; as well as sleep. (He is sooooooo lucky!) I told him that yesterday and today DOES count as vacation, no matter what kind of pain he is in. I also told him he should be taking notes so he would know what I mean when I say I want him to take care of me when I am not feeling well. I am sorry guys, but we women FAR surpass you in the area of caregiving.

One quick funny story..........

Yesterday afternoon, the phone rang. I picked it up, said hello, and heard this distant scratchy voice say, "I have to go to the bathroom." For a second, from the tone/level of the voice as well as the content of the sentence, I thought it was a prank call. Then I realized it was (my) Mister. One more reason to always keep your cell phone by your side!

Hey! Remember how I was saying that I needed change in my life? Well, things have been pretty changed up for the past twenty-four hours. I guess that is a reminder to be careful what you wish for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How's Mister's back doing?

Patty said...

Dear Anonymous,

Actually, he has shown some improvement since yesterday. He was able to transfer from laying to sitting without my help about an hour ago. After he was up and walking around for a few minutes he said, "For whatever reason, I'm feeling better." I responded, "Well, if that is the case why don't you" He stopped me mid-sentence and said, "I DON'T FEEL THAT GOOD!" (Does he know me or what?) What I was planning on saying (honest) was, "why don't you go in and shave. You should be able to do that in standing." He agreed that he probably could manage that. (and did) See why I say this qualifies as vacation for him? I am not quite chewing his food for him, but almost.......

(Hopefully)you are female so you will get the humor in this next story....

Earlier today, (my) Mister was finding it difficult to find a comfortable position. I suggested he try and sit on the arm of the sofa as it is higher than a chair. Picture this..... (my)Mister sitting on the arm of the sofa, bracing himself against the pain with his arms, his back arched (making his belly protude forward) feet in a wide stance, a look of intensely painful concentration on his face, as he tried to decide how he could move to make the pain go away, knowing he was trapped in it. If, like me, you have ever provided labor support to a woman having a baby (or looked in a mirror while you were in labor) you will understand exactly what I was thinking. I was proud that I managed not to laugh at him. Poor thing.

The plan is to keep him resting while his body repairs itself. Once that happens, he has got to start strengthening his back.

Thanks for asking, and for caring.