Tuesday, April 25, 2006

This tag is compliments of Has to be me

Answer the questions for yourself as you are reading my answers, I think you might find it interesting. I left off question twenty-five which pertained to tagging five other people. Feel free to steal the questions for personal use, if you so desire.

On your mark, get set, Go..

1.Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18 and find line 4.

From the book "RUNNING WITHIN" By: Jerry Lynch and Warren Scott. Page eighteen, line four reads, "Powerful yet primitive area of the brain ultimately governs the" So as not to keep you hanging...... "cortical brain function. Try this experiment: use your consious cortical brain functions to force yourself to stop breathing. Take a deep breath. Hold it. Go!" Oh right! The question only ask for line four.

2.Stretch your left arm out as far as you can, and catch air?

It's a little stale, (got busted with the windows open again.)but I got it.

3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?

Bits and pieces of the Today Show this morning, while breakfast was happening.

4.Without looking, guess what time it is?

ten forty-five.

5. Now look at the clock, what is the actual time?

Ten forty-two. I did better today than I did when I was reading the tag on Has to be me blog.

6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?

The oxygen concentrator, the movie "The Untouchables," The bathroom door sliding shut, the dryer running, the fish tank...... Enough, I am shutting out the rest....

7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?

At six this morning. I walked to the road and back to bring in the paper.

8. Before you started this survey, what did you look at?

Since I have had MANY interuptions since starting the survey, my memory is a blur, but I am pretty sure I checked my bank statements to see what had cleared.

9. What are you wearing?

Navy shorts, one of my Eeyore T-shirts, short white running socks, my old running shoes, which become my every day shoes when I get new running shoes. With my fallen arches I have to wear supportive shoes or my feet hurt more than usual. Glasses, I have not found the thiry seconds it takes to put my contacts in...... Maybe after lunch.

10. Did you dream last night?

I had a dream in which I kept trying to drink orange juice, and each time I took a drink it burned my throat. When I woke up from the dream, (my) mouth was so dry I couldn't stand it, and my throat was burning. A much needed drink of water took care of the problem and I promptly went back to dream land.

11. When did you last laugh?

This morning with my youngest as she was getting ready to leave for school. I think it was something along the lines of "It is NOT thirty two degrees (ie. freezing)in your school. I'll be coming over there with my thermometer, just to prove you wrong."

12. What is on the walls of the room you are in?

I am in my living room, which is decorated with photos I took, a picture my sister painted for me, My "honor" wall dedicated to (my)Mister's dad and my brother who both fought for our freedom, and the art work that I purchased from my yoga teacher. The first "real" art work I ever bought. Oh! Ya! And this really great mirror that used to hang in (my) Mister's grandfather's bar.

13. Seen anything weird lately?

Besides the last time I looked in the mirror? When I was working on my friend, she had her arm extended out to the side, elbow bent, hand pointed towards the ceiling. I ask her to wiggle her fingers, and when she did, her left rhomboid (one of her shoulder muscles) did this funny little dance. I'd never seen that happen before!

14. What do you think of this quiz?

I'm having a good time, and hope those reading/taking it along with me are likewise amused.

15. What is the last film you saw?

At the theater, where you go to eat the yummy movie popcorn? "The Family Stone." I'd give it a seven. I like Sarah-Jessica, but it was just a little too predictable.

16. If you became a multimillionaire overnight, what would you buy?

I have these really great plans to build the perfect nursing home. I have it all planned out in little quardrents that all feed into a big area for social gatherings. I would pay (and treat) my staff so very good that the best of the best would want to work there. The residents would have consistent quality person-centered care, with no more than a four-to-one caregiver ratio. There would be a handicap accessible pool heated to ninty-nine degrees that the residents could go into anytime they needed to float their cares (and aches and pains) away. There would be places for out of town guest to stay to promote longer visits for the residents, the best chefs I could find to prepare the meals, with fresh food, and the kitchen would be open twenty four hours a day. The best part....... It wouldn't matter how much money one has. Quality care would finally be available to everyone, not just for those that can afford it.

17. Tell me something about you that I dunno.

This one was hard for me. There are lots of things that most of you don't know about me, (like my birthday is in October)but I wanted to think of something that not even the people that know me knew. So........ One weekend, a girlfriend and I stayed trashed (Oh what you can guess. That remains my little secret.) for thrity-six hours staight, just to see if we could. Don't remember much about it, but I can honestly say I never felt the need to do this more than that time.

18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?

I would do away with all the rules but the golden rule. In my perfect world people would treat one another with love and kindness as a matter of course, so rules would not be necessary.

19. Do you like to dance?

I LOVE TO DANCE. In fact have a hard time keeping still if I hear anything vaguely resembling music.

20. George Bush.

Be nice Patty............

21. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?

Guess what? She was. Not her given name, but as a baby I called her pumpkin, and remember I refer to her as my pride.

22. Imagine your second child is a boy, what do you call him?

Right again! His baby name was Bubby (Still is to his little sister, much to his horror.) And, he is the joy that goes with my pride.

23. Would you ever consider living abroad?

There's no place like home!

24.What do you want GOD to say to you when you reach the pearly gates?

Thank you for loving me, for taking care of me, and for welcoming me home.

3 comments:

Mind Curry said...

excellent..coz it was straight from the heart..and looks like you have a big one :)

Has to be me said...

Wow! Patty...thats a nice one! Loved reading it. & guess what...I'm a october baby too!!!!!!

Patty said...

Welcome Mind Curry!

(Maybe) big, but definitely beat up heart. I am sure you too have been to the school of hard knocks once or twice. It helps one grow.

As do kind comments from fellow bloggers. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know you read and enjoyed my post.

I hope to enjoy your blog again soon.

Has to be me.....

No wonder you come across as so "well balanced." One more thing we have in common (The birthday month, not the well balanced part...... Most of the time I feel as if I am about to fall off the tight rope, and they FORGOT TO PUT OUT THE NET!)

We will have to figure out a way to celebrate long distance as "our month" gets closer.