Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Pleased (to) Play........................

Has to be me has given me a letter out of the alphabet to build a post around. In case anyone else wants to give it a try, (and so you understand why I am creating the list I am creating) the directions are below. If you want to participate and don't have your own blog, (as in anonymous commenters) you can simply use the comment section to compile you list. Okay! Let's play!

The Instructions: Comment, and I shall give you a letter. Go back to your journal/blog, and write ten words beginning with that letter, including an explanation of what those words means to you and why.

I plan to start my list with my all time favorite word, that happens to begin with the letter P.

PLETHORA! I like the way the word rolls off my tounge. I like it's meaning: Abundance, lots of, a bunch, tons, filled to over flowing. My hope for the world ( and every person/pet in it) is a plethora of love.

PLAY! Somthing that none of us do enough of, and something that we feel guilty about doing most of the time we are doing it. It is a side effect of growing up, and we could all benefit from re-leaning to play from the young (at heart regarless of age) around us.

PICTURE! Worth a thousand words, captures a moment in time, brings into focus our hopes and dreams, (you know...... Picture this...........) jolts our memory. So take lots, and look at them often.

PLEASE/PLEASED/PLEASING! What I say (whine)to be polite/get my way. What I am when my family is happy. What I have been addicted to being to others for most of my life. (Not always in a good way. Can I say NO? Not enough, but I am working on it!)

PIE! In certain circles, (that most of you have never heard of) Patty's Pies are famous. My pie crust used to be tough as nails, until I discovered the "never fail pie crust recipe." One truly cannot screw it up.

PIANO! NO! I don't play, but I have always secretly longed to be able to do so. I wish I could play any musical instrument, but alas........................ I even bought a guitar once, but I guess my fingers are just too short, because it didn't go well. (one more thing someone will have to clean out of the attic when I die. Now that would be an interesting tag...... "What's in your atic, and why?") I can play "Three Blind Mice" AND "Mary Had a Little Lamb" on the piano, so maybe there is hope for me yet.

PANCAKES! I don't really like them or eat them, but my youngest used to LOVE to make them, even before she was tall enough to reach the counter without a chair. I have the most adorable picture of her about nose high to the counter flipping a pancake on the griddle. One time, when she was still learning to read a recipe, she put in Tablespoons of baking powder instead of teaspoons. (For those of you that don't cook, trust me, this is not a good thing.) We didn't want to hurt her feelings, so we managed to choke them down with lots of syrup and jam, and it is still one of the family memories that we laugh about the most.

PUMPED! What I am about my up-coming Hospice training, and my up-coming road and trail races. As I said before, the hospice training will fullfill my New Years resolution. While nothing comes to mind, (It's been a few years since I have made a formal resolution, and my memory isn't what it used to be.) I'm also sure it will be the first one I have actually kept. I have touched base with "You know who you are," and am as excited to actually meet her face to face as I am about the training. The first of the two races will mark my one year anniversary of racing. Bonus, it has worked out that (my) Mister gets to come with me. It will be the first time the two of us have gone anywhere together since last August. That's a L-O-N-G time. The trail race has me pumped because it will be another first in my life. There is already talk about an even longer trail race next year, but I told all the youngsters that we should find out how much I slow them down before extending me a formal invite for next year. I did find out that my age gives us a boost (increases our handicap) as far as scoring purposes, so sometimes old age can be a plus.

PURPLE! Mom's favorite color. (Talking (my) Mister's birth mom, but I adopted her when I met him, and always valued her motherly advice and opinions.) It will soon be the one year anniversary of her death, and was our first Mother's Day without her. Whenever I see anything that is the color purple, but especially purple flowers, it ALWAYS brings mom to mind. Even though she has left this earth, I still rely on her advice and opinions, and the color purple is one of the ways I stay connected to her.

PEOPLE! People who need people...... Are the luckiest people in the world....... (Barbra Steisand song lyrics for you young people.) It takes all kinds to make the world go round. Can't live with them, can't live without them. (NO! Wait! That's men isn't it?)

That was fun now wasn't it? Remember, anyone is invited to play, and it is easy to join in. (See above instructions.) Which one of you can top this sentence using my list of words?

A plethora of people where pumped about playing pleasing music on a purple piano while eating pie and pancakes.

4 comments:

Has to be me said...

Hmmm, my (P)atience has (P)aid off!!! nice (P)lentiful list of P's! I'm glad I (P)icked u for this cos u r one helluva sweet (P)erson! :))) Have u ever tried being (P)oetic?!!!

Nice list gal!

BTW, I somehow thot, when I gave u the letter P, the list will include Prayer for sure! Or was it on purpose?! ;)

Patty said...

It pains me, (but don't worry, I'll get over it) that the P word prayer didn't enter my mind while I was making the list. But hey! Ten words isn't that many, of all there are to pick from. And then, if I would ever get off my duff, and start a formal practice of prayer and meditation on a daily basis, it might be more on the forefront of my brain. My prayer time now is more of a chatting all through-out the day to God and his angels, rather than a get down on my knees and pray type of style.

So many areas for me to grow in.

I think I could re-do this list on three different days, and it would probably be plenty different each of the days.

Haven't tried poety since junior high. It wasn't that good. Some things are better left to the professionals I guess.

I think you are a very sweet person too! I,m glad that we have become internet friends!

Has to be me said...

Hey i didnt intend to pain u! Just that i felt (intuitive...tho I was wrong! LOL)that u wud've included that word! No offence. :)

Patty said...

Pain! P! It was a joke! I use my intution to pick stuff on The Price Is Right (A television show). I am always so sure, and I am rarely right. So rarely that I know better than to ever try to use it to pick lotto numbers, gamble, etc..... (Must be why I don't do those things.) No offence taken.