Friday, May 12, 2006




Five things that made me laugh yesterday.............

1. The above four pictures....... Emma has not been getting much attention from me, and it appears to be making her depressed. Ben on the other hand, had a great time playing in the mud when I wasn't keeping an eye on him. The last picture is after his shower.

2. An e-mail that I recieved from my (friend) "other right arm", in which she was discribing her home repair woes. As she put it, "Crying doesn't do any good, so I might just as well laugh about it." Anyone that has done any remodeling can relate to this concept right? It always takes twice as long, and ends up costing twice as much as first predicted.

3. The fact that I drove over to the trails for a quick run to see how it would be to run in the mud........ Only to find out, inspite of it having rained all day, the ground was so dry all the water had soaked in and there wasn't a drop of mud to be found. My typical luck......... Had I wanted it to have soaked in, I would have been ankle deep in it.

4. My respite resident. She was scheduled to come this week, and turns out the timing of that has been a double blessing, first by keeping me busy where I might have had empty time on my hands, and secondly she is always so happy and pleasant that you just can't help but laugh when she is around.

5. A blog post by
Silverine entitled "PC Hunt"
They say laughter is contagious. I hope you catch some, and pass it on after checking out my post.

3 comments:

Has to be me said...

Hi Pat,

U r such an animal lover, isnt it?! Lovely pics.
Ben looks like little baby esp his expressions!

How u been otherwise? Been having some server probs & hence unable to connect to often! Grrr.....its terrible! And believe its likely to be so fr the next one week.

I intend taking off on monday...planning to go fr a refresher course on art of living. So happy weekend....hope 2 catch ya after the weekend.....enjoy my dear! :)

silverine said...

ha ha He looks so happy being dirty :)) It comes natural to them and we humans spoil their party :)

What breed is he? I have a Lhasa Apso and a Golden Retriever. Both high maintenance dogs and hate bathing. I take them to the lawn and hose them down and play with them. That part of the bathing process they like, i.e me playing with them.

Ben will give you lots more smiles.

Patty said...

We rescued Ben, and were told he was a Lhasa Apso. We keep him cut short, as we simply don't have hours a day to spend keeping him brushed. His fur is just like cotton candy. If you don't recognize him, maybe it isn't so. Golden Retrievers are beautiful but big dogs. I also have been told they are very loving, gentle dogs.