Tuesday, May 30, 2006

All is well in Patty land.....................................

It has been a couple of days since I have published a post. Time flys when your having fun I guess.

Saturday was devoted to my pre-trail race run. I did eighteen miles, in three different times. I was pretty tired, but proud of my accomplishments. Sunday, I don't even remember what ate up all my time, but the day flew by. Monday, I slept in until nine o'clock. Something so unheard of for me, that (my) Mister told me he was formulating in his head how he was going to tell my kids that I had died! Of course, coming in to check on me might have been the simple thing to do, (Unless, that is, he woke me up......... I am a VERY light sleeper) but not necessarily the safest thing. (Refer to previous parenthesis.) I ran three miles (In the heat, because I didn't get up early as planned, and then got the veggy plants for the garden. In the afternoon, I took (my) Mister out for a walk/run to kick off our (virtual) run around the Grand Canyon, two hundred ten miles. Considering "running is not his thing" (his words, not mine) he did really great and made me proud. He is working really hard to get in shape so he doesn't re-injure his back, and I really appreciate his efforts.

This morning, as I was sitting down to blog, I received a phone call from my sister. She is out of the hospital and doing well........ Very chatty. Currently we are having a booming thunderstorm and both dogs are continually vieing for my armpits each time it thunders. I feel bad for them, but it makes it kind of hard to type. I hope the storm passes quickly. So now you are up to date on my VERY UN-exciting life........ (Just the way I like it. I am sooooo over the drama/chaos life!)

Tomorrow we are getting a new resident, so that will keep me hopping until we get a routine down. It is good to be busy and needed. (Though right now I wish there was someone else here to pawn the dogs off on, they are being too needy at the moment.) Maybe later today things will settle down and I will be able to publish a more interesting post. One can always hope!

No comments: