Saturday, January 13, 2007

You don't know what you have until it is gone..................

(my) Mister didn't come home last night, and NO it wasn't because I kicked him out. He has a three day weekend from work so he went camping. Since the last time we planned a MAJOR joint vacation only to have the person who was lined up to take care of the business bail on us two weeks before we were to leave we have been taking seperate vacations knowing we can rely on one another. Since I had to count my recovery from surgery as a vacation, it is his turn to get away and relax.

So, last night after dinner, the OPs were contentedly watching Wheel of Fortune, and I decided to sprawl out on the love seat to read for a while. Within thirty seconds both dogs had insinuated themselves into my space, one on my feet and the other under my legs. Before they had finished situating themselves, Andy (the cat) jumped up and started head butting me as if to say, "the're not the only ones that get to snuggle with you. I want my fair share too." Now I know what a single mother of triplets must feel like.

Apparently (my) Mister spends more time with the pets than I notice, since rarely do all three pester me for attention at the same time. I don't know how or when he does so because of this annoying little habit of his; he NEVER sits down. He'll come into a room and just stand when there is a perfectly good sofa right behind him. It just occured to me that maybe he does this to avoid the scene I discribed in the above paragraph? Mmmmmmmm Maybe it isn't to irritate me after all?

In the meantime, today is my long run day, and the plan is to do six and a half miles. The winter storm they are predicting isn't suppose to arrive until later today, so I can get the run in on clear roads without slipping and sliding, and this is a good thing. Enjoy your day!

No comments: