Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Checking in................................

I thought I would take a few minutes and write a post, as it will be something concrete I can point to, thus my entire day will not be a waste.

So far, I have shoveled the driveway and ramp, but it is snowing again so that will need to be re-done. I have wasted w-a-y too much time packing a suitcase to try and decide if I will want to take one or two pieces of luggage on my trip. Of course I want to have to haul only one, and I can even fit everything into one (at this point anyway), but I am concerned with the weight limits of the bags on the plane and if I buy too many presents when shopping in Mexico...Oh the tortures of my life (NOT!). Anyway, I will have to unpack one and pack two and then decide, so that will all need to be done another day as well. It is a given that any of the cooking and cleaning I do today will just have to be done again tomorrow. Why can't someone invent a dog and cat that REALLY doesn't shed? Or why can't we be like camels and only have to eat every so many days? Wouldn't that be cool, to only have to cook dinner once a week? Of course that would never happen around here...we all love to eat too much, and do so because it taste good more than we really need the calories from the food.

I finished the back of the tank top I am knitting, maybe I will finish the entire thing in the next day or so. And I also finished not one, but two cups of coffee this morning. Not a big deal you might think, but usually I end up dumping the second half of the second cup as I always think I want it but then get busy and find it sitting somewhere un-finished hours later.

Am I complaining about my life? NOT AT ALL! I actually feel very fortunate and very lucky that my days are so relaxing and un-complicated. I am very blessed, know this, and am simply poking fun at myself and the fact that I have NOTHING to complain about. Trust me, this didn't used to be my life, and I guess some days I am waiting for all this goodness to disappear...the other shoe dropping kind of thing.

So, now that I have proof that on this day I did something that will still be around as evidence tomorrow and the next day, I will let you get on with your days and I am off to change the laundry from the washer to the dryer. How's that for fun and excitement?

No comments: