Sunday, January 28, 2007

Fashion show.............................






I spent the bulk of yesterday revamping my summer clothing so I will have something to wear on my cruise next month. A nip here, a tuck there, and lots of hemming brought my clothes up to the rules of "What Not To Wear."
The black dress is the one I made (well, I still have to do the hem it is just pinned up right now)The back of the dress has a drape to it but it is hard to really see in the picture. It also looks wrinkly, but this is because I probably should have used a lighter weight fabric that would have hung better. I liked the look and feel of this fabric, so I am stuck with it now.
The purple top is one that I knitted. It is knit out of a ribbon type yarn instead of normal yarn.
I also feel I have to say that I think I look much thinner in the mirror than I do in these pictures.
Don't ya love the red shoes? Now I just have to find a red clutch to go with them. I think I am going to have to give up and make one.

6 comments:

Random Musings said...

Very cool! I LOVE the red shoes!!

Patty said...

I thought you would Random! Chinese Laundry purchased at DSW.

Has to be me said...

Whoa! Lovely pics there....u looking sexy in them. When & where u off to for the cruise?

Patty said...

We fly into New Orleans February 19, and set sail the same day. The cruise ship visits both Costa Maya (Mexico) and Cozumel (Mexico), plus we have two full days at sea to lounge around on the ship. Then we dock back into New Orleans Saturday morning (the 24) and the next day my oldest and I run our half-marathon through the streets of New Orleans.

I am not sure what I am most excited about... Being lazy while being waited on hand and foot, or running the race. Kind of both ends of the spectrum of energy expenditure aren't they? I am also looking forward to spending some quality time with the girlfriend I am going with. We never get enough "girl time" to just hang out and have fun.

Oh! Ya! (my) Mister agrees with you that I look sexy in my re-vamped wardrobe. What's not to love about that? Thanks for the compliment.

T-girl said...

I adore the black dress!! VERY cute and becoming on!

I hate the fact you have cute little feet that look good in shoes! I have what my hubby calls "Fred Flintstone feet" and unless I am wearing a pair of Docs they look like crap no matter! LOL

Patty said...

T-girl,

Hate my shoe size, love my shoes.

Aren't you in New York, the mecca of fashion? I bet there are lots of tall models with big feet, take a peek and see what they wear. Besides, shoes are about fun, and a way to draw attention away from the other body parts one detests. As women there are many of those right?

And tell dear Hubby that the next time he calls you "Fred Flinstone feet" you are goihg to be sure he gets locked out of the house at night, just like Fred used to do at the end of the show.