Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A little bit of fluff..............

Since Julia thought yesterday's subject was "awful," I thought I would lighten things up a bit. Nobody like a downer (except in pill form)right?

Okay, fluff... Of the white, cold variety. MUCH easier to shovel the few inches off the driveway this morning than yesterdays concoction of ice/water/shush. That crap was HEAVY, and later in the day my tricepts (back of my upper arms) let me know they did not like it one bit. Sharing that with you tattles on myself that I have NOT yet ramped up my weight lifting program as I promised myself I would do. So sue me!

As I was saying, clearing the drive was a piece of cake this morning... Damn! The plow just went by which means they pushed the stuff on the road into the end of my drive. Note to self: Take shovel with you when you go out to get the mail later this morning.

Fluff... This morning my youngest says to me, "Did you notice how much calmer Andy (the cat) is now that ______ (Mister) is home?" My reply, "that is not true, he was meowing for me to pet him this morning, just like yesterday morning." Could it be that I am jealous? Of the cat, or (my) Mister?

Fluffy... I went back to see my surgeon again yesterday. I have this one tiny spot that is still open. He tells me it will take a month to heal, and I bet him that I can heal it in three weeks tops (confirmed over-achiever that I am). Then he says he would like me to take a second course of antibiotic when I finish with the current one this Sunday. I acted just like one of those babes on Doctor 90210: "I can't possibly do that!" (doc) "Why not?" Because it says not to sunbath while taking the medicine and if I have to go another two weeks without tanning I will get pale." (doc) "so?" "Having a little color makes me feel better, AND I am going on a cruise in a month and I don't want to have to worry about getting burned." (doc) "Okay! just finish the ones you have now, but take this prescription and promise me you will start it if the wound begins to look red." Come on! The guy is a cosmetic surgeon. Doesn't he get that looks are important? (I heard somewhere that you look thinner if you are tanned. I need to give my thighs every advantage I can.)

Fluffiest... My youngest just walked by me (I am in the look at/living room) brushing her teeth. I can't say anything because she got this habit from me. Most people don't brush long enough. To make sure I do, I walk around and do other things (multi tasking is in vogue don't ya know?) and since I am not by the sink to rinse and spit, I keep brushing, and thus brush for the recommended two minutes. There is no way I could stand to stand in front of the sink that long, just brushing and facing the face in the mirror. Way too much sensory overload.

Hope you found today's post more enjoyable reading than yesterday's Julia. I aim to please!

6 comments:

Random Musings said...

What did you have done???
I have promised myself if I keep 50lbs and keep it off for a year I am having my saddle bags done...

Patty said...

Julia, I WAS KIDDING!!! Honest. I didn't mean to upset you, and actually agree with you. Probably I make myself think about these things from all my years of therapy and work trying to get my early childhood memories back from before the time of my parent's deaths. I have made peace with the fact that I probably won't ever remember the first eight years of my life, but maybe there is a good reason for this. I think I am a believer in the idea that if I understand why I feel something, I will be able to handle it better. Sometimes it helps sometimes it doesn't.

It doesn't surprise me that you also brush your teeth in motion. I have often thought you and I were living parallel lives in a sense. AND thank goodness I have not yet given into the pressure to get a new kitten for Andy. I would not be pleased to have another mouth to feed that doesn't pull their weight, three of them is enough!

Please don't be upset or think I am upset with you. I REALLY like (and value) the fact that you comment from an open, honest heart. Please continue to do so.

Patty said...

Random,

I had a tummy tuck (and he tightened my ab muscles), and a breast reduction. Mostly what he did with my breasts was to also remove the sagging skin and put them back up where they belong. NO MORE NECK PAIN and rashes from sagging skin rubbing on skin.

I too set a goal of having to keep my healthy lifestyle for at least a year before I would allow myself to even think about having the surgery. At the end of two years I had lost about eighty pounds, and consistently ran, exercised, and ate (for the most part) healthy foods. My reward for doing so was to have the doctor remove FOURTEEN inches off my belly. That is pretty amazing. As soon as I get around to taking some "after" pictures, I will send you the before and after so you can see for yourself.

Anonymous said...

From someone who has seen her...

SHE LOOKS GREAT!!!

(ORA)

Has to be me said...

LOL @ ur brushing habit! My hubbys like that but i wld prefer brushing by the sink so that Im done within my time! :)

Patty said...

Has to be me,

You might be amazed at all the things I have done during that two minutes!