Thursday, January 11, 2007

A Freudian slip?............

Today begins the semi-anual sale at our local sports store. I usually buy a new pair of running shoes, but since I bought two pair during the summer sale (so I could alternate between them) I don't need to get any for me, but I instructed (my) Mister to stop on his way home from work to get a pair for himself. He has been doing very well with his cardio work-outs and good shoes are a must have to prevent injury.

Anyway, I was talking to him on the phone a little while ago and he said, "and I am going to stop at PACEMAKERS on my way home." Did you get that, PACEmakers (you know the thing they put in your body if your heart isn't working right)? The actual name of the store is PLAYMAKERS. Hopefully this slip of the tounge wasn't a premonition of things to come as he continues to work out. More likely than not it was a subconscious expression of his feelings about how he feels about cardio work. We don't have to like it, we just have to do it.

Speaking of doing, I had better get going and get the beds made, dishes done, decide what to make for dinner, etc... Just because I am not buying new shoes doesn't mean I can't go and see if they have any good deals on other stuff, and I must get my work done before I can go play at Playmakers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pacemakers vs. Playmakers--hadn't really thought of that, but it is an interesting connection. (ORA)