Monday, January 22, 2007

Feeling better.............

Saturday, I forced myself to do nothing. Translated, this means I sat around and knitted or sewed on the dress I am making, watched some television, stayed in my PJs.

Sunday, I HAD to go for a run, red body or not. I justified it with the reasoning that since the skin is the biggest organ of the body, making myself sweat would actually be a good thing as it would speed up the release of the toxins in my body. Sounds pretty good doesn't it? The reality of the matter is I truly think I would have lost my mind if I didn't go running yesterday. As strange as that sounds (and I will be the first to say that in the past I have told people they were nuts for saying "they have to exercise")I finally get the truth of that statement. I am addicted to running, and I gotta say it beats the heck out of my sugar/chocolate addictions.

As I put on all my layers (it was in the twenties yesterday), I could actually feel my mood lifting. Out the door, down the street, and around the corner, and I actually remember thinking, "Ya! This is more like it." Fifty minutes later (see, I was a good girl and only did five miles instead of the eight I was suppose to do for my long run of the week), when I walk in the door, my head was clear and I felt like myself again.

Today, while still itchy, ninty percent of the reddness is gone, so I guess the worse has passed. And since my energy has seemed to return I had better get off this computer and get some things done. Have a special day.

No comments: