Monday, February 05, 2007

Weirdness part two.......................................

I have been ask to list six weird things about myself by my dear friend
Jenna. I think I have done this in the past, but ya all know that there is plenty of weirdness to go around in my neck of the woods.

Here are the rules: Each player starts by blogging about six weird things (or memes) about themselves. Those tagged must also blog the rules in their blog while tagging a half a dozen people of their own. It's also important to inform the tagees that they've been tagged.

1. Cleaning ALWAYS makes me feel better. Not that I always do it, my house certainly isn't spotless, but for me cleaning is a way of feeling in control. When I was in college and took a psychology class we had to do this paper on a habitual habit. I discovered at that time whenever I left my house, the first thing I did when I came home was straighten something up in my house. To this day, I still do this. Pick up something off the floor, wipe off a counter, it doesn't matter what I do, but I have to fix/straighten (those damn pillows)/or clean something to re-claim my territory. Kind of an Alpha dog thing I guess.

2. I enjoy canned veggies best cold, straight out of the can. Which will be a great thing if I am ever stranded on a deserted island with only canned veggies and no fire. Hopefully I will also have a can opener. I prefer fresh or frozen veggies, but canned beets and spinach are petty tasty right out of the can. I used to have these for lunch, and on the occasion that I would have a working lunch everyone would be grossed out by my choice. I never did figure out if it was the choice of veggies themselves or the fact that I was eating them cold, out of the can. And yes, I used a fork. I do have some manners.

3. Even though I don't leave for vacation until February nineteen, I was totally packed (minus undies) by the end of January.. Maybe this isn't that weird since where I live there is not much need for shorts, swim suits, and summer dresses this time of year, but weird that I go to my suitcase every morning to get things like toothpaste, deodorant, and make-up. Yes! I have too much time on my hands!

4. I have a (very short) list of people that I have forbidden to be allowed to attend my funeral/memorial celebration of my life. These are people that were extremely evil to me at one time in my life, but are also considered upstanding citizens because they hide their true colors so well. They would show up just to gossip (or gloat maybe that the world is now rid of me), but they are just going to have to do it on the street corner because they are NOT GETTING IN! Do you think this makes me sound self-important? Trust me, I have been witness to them talking about someone behind the person's back and then acting like said person is their best friend when said person returns from the bathroom or wherever. I don't want my family to have to listen to their garbage when they know the true story.

5. I OFTEN go three or four days at a time without combing (or brushing) my hair, because I forget to do so. Not weird until one notes that my hair is now down past my shoulders. Not weird considering I am at home all the time, but this is NOT a newly acquired habit. Remember when I went away for the hospice training last year and forgot my hairbrush, going the entire weekend without combing my hair, being around other people all the time? It didn't bother me one bit. My hair is thick and straight enough that it just kind of lays there (even when I try to make it look good), so what is the big deal? Add that to the fact that my outer looks have never been that important to me (which is probably VERY weird in and of itself)and maybe you will understand where I am coming from. Still, in a world where most people wash their hair every day (me once a week or so. If I wash it more often it gets all yucky looking), I am sure this classifies as a weirdness.

6. I often shovel the driveway in shorts and a T-shirt or tank top. As long as I have on gloves and a hat, I am comfortable, as I am not out there that long. And no, you don't get a cold from being cold, you get a cold from coming in contact with a virus. It is a proven scientific fact. If you don't believe me, research it.

I am not going to tag any individuals because I think I have read lists of weird traits on all the blogs I follow. Instead, I challenge those of you that read this blog and never comment to pick up the torch and do so. Then let me know where you are so I can read it. Thanks in advance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I read your blog often, but I am glad to see there is someone else out there that truly enjoys canned veggies right out of the can!! I too used to gross out (or at least worry) people I worked with by doing this. They even commented how terrible it was that my husband did not make enough money for me to have a decent lunch!! I loved my veggies and ate them by choice not necessity. (ORA)

Patty said...

Just one more thing we have in common I guess. Must be why we have stayed friends for all these years. Kindred cold canned veggie loving spirits!