Sunday, February 25, 2007


We were awesome.............................................
This post is going to be a short one (but I had to write something because I know you are all waiting to hear how we did), because I am going to bed despite the fact that it is only 6:30 in the evening. My legs/butt are not at all happy with me right now, but they will get over it in a day or two.
My oldest finished the race in two hours and four minutes and I crossed the finish line at two hours and thirty minutes. Not the time I had hoped to make, but still eight minutes off my last half-marathon race time so I am pretty happy with it. It was a really fun race and I had a terrific time so that is what is really important.
We are staying in New Orleans one more day and then it is back to the real world. Hope all is well with all of you.

6 comments:

Has to be me said...

oopsy where did my comment go?

Has to be me said...

Shucks I just typed a long comment fr u...congratulating u! Anycase here it is again....super duper! Welldone Patty! Give urself a good massage. U looking gr8! Sure I do envy u fr the good time! :)

Anonymous said...

You guys look great and I am so proud of you!! I will keep your sister in my prayers and hope to hear from you on your return for an update on her.

Keep smiling, you'll soon be back to the cold and snow! (ORA)

T-girl said...

That is GREAT! Congrates!

I am always amazed when I hear marathon times... 2 HOURS 11 MINUTES!!!! First off compared to my time of "We have to tear down the course now" that is pretty good! LOL The only way I could run for two hours straight is if a pack of rabbid dogs were after me and even then I think I might give up after the first 15 minutes or so! LMAO

I didn't realise you were updating on your trip btw! Humpft! LOL

Patty said...

Has to be me,

Since they forced us to change from our old blog formate I lose tons of comments (Grrrr!), so you are not alone. Most of my soreness is gone now, but I am still going to rest my muscles for the next couple of days. Thanks for the well wishes.

ORA,
Thanks for your well wishes and prayers for sister. She is home, and her docs are amazed at how well she is doing. We come from good quality stock I guess.

Patty said...

T-girl,

You crack me up! You really should consider doing stand-up!

Lucky for me it isn't about finishing, but about starting. I say this because on the way home I sat next to this (up-tight looking, not a hair out of place) chick on the plane that was disapointed with her finish time of one hour and fifty-one minutes (that's thirty-nine minutes faster than my time). Funny, I couldn't muster much sympathy for her. Does this make me a horrible person?