Wednesday, February 28, 2007



There's no place like home...........................


Even though I had a fabulous time while I was away, I am thrilled to be home again. (my) Mister did such a good job of taking care of things in my absence, that he thinks the OPs didn't even realize I was gone. I really must find a "WORLDS BEST HUSBAND" contest to enter him in, as I know he would win hands down (and then be happy to give me the prize money to spend on my next vacation).


I am sorry to say that I did not see the three people I was hoping to see, but the spirit of New Orleans is alive and well. Everyone I talked with was hopeful that in time things would return to the old normal. As you can see from the above pictures, a lot of the art work expresses the frustration that the entire city feels regarding the way things have been handled. It was good to see first hand how they are bouncing back.
So today is devoted to getting back into the rhythm of life, and to begin unpacking. My clothes are not going to know what to do when they are back in their normal resting places since they have been packed in a suitcase for the last month. It will be interesting to see how long it takes before I stop going to the suitcase whenever I need to change clothes.
I missed reading all of the blogs I follow, so before I unpack I am going to go check in with a few, at a slow, leisurely pace without worrying about the Internet minutes. It's so good to be home where I am loved and spoiled.

2 comments:

T-girl said...

LOL Good hubbies are hard to find... wait, no they are NOT hard to find, they are hard to keep! That is my new mantra... in otherwords I have to work too at being a good wife! Why I am telling you that, when I had no intent I have no clue. LMAO

I am glad you had a good time. You be easy on those cloths now, they get scared in new places! ;)

Don't get me started on FEMA, doing my taxes they asked if I was effected by the hurrican and recieved hurrican cominsation from FEMA. I wanted to say "yes, it wiped out the whole Pacific NW!" LOL I was just reading an article about them the other day for the floods we had here a few months back and how they aren't paying out. One family who's house is on a cliff and they need to move it back like 30 feet since the cliff is now AT the house (they lost 45 feet of hillside!!!!!) and they got... are you ready? $813... that is US no 0's on the end! LOL I kind of felt bad for them, they kept telling them, "hold on it is coming, you were aproved for the full amount" then they got THAT! LOL Crazy!

Patty said...

T-girl,

When we are in charge of the world things will be lots different. I try not to be political on my blog, but some things really bother me...Last night on the news they were talking about the lengths the military docs were going to to save a child's life. Don't get me wrong, I am glad they were able to help her, but I couldn't help thinking about all the needs of American children that go un-met daily. When are we going to take care of our own? If your example above is the government's idea of taking care of needy Americans then heaven help us.

I vote, therefore I can bitch!