Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Prayer/positive energy/good thoughts: needed AND requested...............

Yippee! It is less than two weeks and counting until my vacation begins. Whatever your spiritual belief, I am venturing out for some assistance. First, my need:

My family vacationed in New Orleans the week prior to hurricane Katrina hitting the area. There are three faces that have stayed with me from that trip since viewing Katrina's devastation on the television. One was a very entertaining street clown. I have a picture of him and me holding the balloon he fashioned into heart. The second person was a homeless woman that we saw several times a day as she pushed her shopping cart full of possessions around town with her cat perched proudly on top of the pile. The third person was a palm reader. (my) Mister and I were out taking a walk and we stopped to have our palms read "for fun," and to help the guy out. The interesting thing about this was not the reading, but the conversation. I told him what I did for a living and we had a wonderful conversation about death and dying. He was questioning how someone came to terms with dying if they knew about it before it happened (IE: DX of a terminal illness), and would he like to know or would he rather have death happen without warning? (Considering what happen a week later, doesn't that conversation send a little chill up your spin?) After the hurricane hit I have thought about and prayed for these three people on a regular basis.

As much of an impossibility as it might sound, it is my prayer/positive energy/good thoughts that I see these people while in New Orleans so I know that they came through the hurricane okay. I believe that this IS possible, and I believe that the more people praying/sending positive energy/good thoughts for this to happen the greater the chances of this happening. This is my request to all of you. Yes! I am sure there are many needs greater than this one of mine, but I also believe that there is no need/desire too small to request. Thank you in advance for your help.

Now on to the next request...

I read this idea in a Runner's World magazine and I am totally stealing it for myself. Two women ran a marathon together. To help them pass the time, and focus on something else besides the tiredness and pain towards the end of the race, they made up a list of twenty six people to prayer for, one for each mile of the race. I think this is a really great idea and would like to give it a try during my next race. I could come up with things of my own, but I have been thinking about it, and would like to open it up to all of my readers to send in requests. If you don't believe in prayer/God, tell me how/to who you would like the request formed and I will do that for you. Think of it as a little thank you for brightening my life with your gifts of friendship that you give to me through my blog.

This is how it will work... Send your requests to neoblast@juno.com It is also okay to put anonymous requests in the comment section if you would rather not be identified. When I get all the requests in I will transfer them to index cards, carry them with me on the race and work through the cards mile after mile. If I have more than thirteen requests I will divide them up accordingly. So, send in your requests and be joined with me in spirit on my race. I am really excited about this idea and hope you are also excited enough about it to send me your request. Ah... The post is over... Get typing those e-mails! NOW! JK!

7 comments:

T-girl said...

Wow! You are a busy little beaver tonight! LOL Prayers granted for number one and I will think on number two! LOL I hope you two have a marvalous time no matter. I think it would be a hoot if you ran into those people. I worry about the homeless woman but the other two are a real possibility I think. How sad! I will pray for them though no matter.

Hugs- T

Patty said...

Thanks T-girl!

Anonymous said...

U know who I am ..U sent me a check. I am well and I am sorry I have not responded. Too many things happening at the same time. I will send you an email soon. Can you please pray that I have a child? I would really really be thankful.

Sheri said...

Patty,
I'm too lazy to email, hopes this suffices . . .

You could always pray for Dustin, my adopted FASD child. He could use some additional prayers sent up on his behalf. I always pray for his guidance since he has impulse control issues, inner peace since he seems to be in constant turmoil, and the power to love and be loved since he had reactive attachment disorder.

You are fantastic for his and so many other things!

Random Musings said...

Ok let me think about this but save card for my wishes.
I will send prayers and thoughts to you about your trip to New Orleans, I am not sure how long you have been reading my blog I am not sure if you know that the hubby and i Were part of the relief efforts after the hurricane and I keep everyone in my heart and prayers as well.

Has to be me said...

Wow Patty....thats such a brilliant idea! And so sweet of u. I have a big list here for u...for me & some of my family & friends...

1. For Ankit - he is a 13 yr old boy undergoing treatment as he is slightly retarded. Pls pray fr his speedy & complete recovery.

2. Shivram - He is around 7 yrs & same story as Ankit.

3. For my dad - To be happy & healthy.

4. For my mom - To be happy & healthy.

5. My 2 kids - for their health, happiness & prosperity

6. My hubby - To settle well in his new job starting in April

7. For Rekha - for her wedding asap.

8. For my sil - for her wedding asap.

9. For my cousin sis - to get admission in the university she seeks in the US.

10. For me - for my smooth winding from here, smooth holiday & travel alone with kids & to get a super new job in India.

Yup I wld be going back to India for good next month!

11. For my (adopted) brother - for his promotion @ work.

Thanks a lot my dear for all ur prayers....lotsa hugs & blessings come ur way! :)

Patty said...

Thanks everyone. I feel really loved and blessed that you all trust me enough to share your prayer concerns. Now all I have to decide is if I should make the card Shocking neon green to contrast my outfit or stick with the neon pink to go with my outfit.