Monday, February 12, 2007

I've got to pay better attention............................

(my) Mister has the day off from work today. Some dead president's birthday or something like that. What it means to me is that the mail won't run either (right?) so that means some of my valentines won't arrive at their final destinations by Wednesday. Drats! If you happen to be the lucky recipient of one of them and it doesn't get there on time, trust me...it really IS in the mail, and sorry it is late.

I have really been taking this no stress thing to heart and the fact that the valentines were not mailed out by last Friday is just one more example of this fact. Before you know it, I am going to have grown into a full blown procrastinator, and I will get to see how the other half live.

Last Friday the husband of the friend that I am cruising with fell twelve feet and landed flat on his back onto concrete (he is a construction worker). He is pretty messed up with two broken/shattered scapula (the wings or backbones that stick out), three broken ribs, a piece broken on one of his lower vertebra (spine), and of course bruised his lungs. The big problem is that none of the breaks can be repaired because of their locations so they just have to heal with time. Please pray for him. Whenever he tries to breath it hurts like a _____ and so he tries to breath shallow and then his oxygen levels drop (trust me not a good thing for the body) and so he has to be pretty doped up to keep his breathing level, and on O2 to keep the levels up. My friend is busy being thankful that he is only hurt this bad, as it really could have been much worse. We are not yet cancelling the cruise...

But then yesterday I heard on the news that the ship we are to sail on was hit by another boat and had to cancel the cruise scheduled for this week. I am wondering if these two events back to back are one of those signs that we shouldn't be going out of town right now? You know, those signs that start out small and then when you don't pay attention to them, get bigger and bigger until you scream, "Damn it to hell, why didn't I listen in the first place?" This couldn't be one of those times. Could it? If it turns out that it is indeed one of those times Patty will have an interesting adventure to blog about won't she? I sure could use a Crystal ball right now, but what fun would that be?

I think it is because Valentine's day is so close, but I AM IN LOVE! When I was at Macy's buying the Lancome lipstick (that is really more like a colored gloss as real lipstick dries out my lips. AND I was totally thrilled to find that they had their "free gift with purchase" going on so I got totally hooked up with that...BONUS!), checking the clearance racks as I always do, I FOUND IT! A "mock crock" navy blue leather jacket. It is fitted through the waist, zips up the front, has zipper pockets in the lower front, zippers at the lower sleeves, and looks FABULOUS on me even if I do say so myself. I put it on and wore it around the store for a while (you know, just to make sure it was comfortable) and then put it back on the rack because it was only thirty percent off and still over a hundred dollars. I consoled myself by calling (my) Mister on the way out of the store and making him tell me he was proud of me for showing so much restraint.

Then yesterday afternoon I was reading the sale fliers from the Sunday paper and in the Macy's ad was an all day savings pass for an additional fifteen percent off all apparel. What was I saying above about signs? (my) Mister is in agreement (I sooooo should have been an attorney I can plead a case better than anyone I know) that the jacket would add all kinds of life to my current wardrobe (and will look great on me as I Purus up and down the isles of the grocery store since this is the only place I ever go), so I am going back to get her today. Since it is such an event, my youngest is going to take the afternoon off from school (only one un-important class really) so she can share in the experience. Now if the jacket has not been stolen by some impulse shopper over the last forty-eight hours this story will have a happy ending. Keep your fingers crossed. It sooooo better be there or I will cry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So tell me, tell me...WAS IT THERE????? (ORA)

T-girl said...

First off: I am SO sorry about your friends hubby!!! I will pray, but as you said, time heals so I am sure he will be ok in the long haul! Poor man!

Oh, SCORE! Honey, ANY day that I get to go shopping AND with the hubbies blessing to buy what I want is SO a day to rejoice! LOL I need to run over to Macy's myself! I had NO idea today was a holiday, glad I read you I was about to run to the post myself! LOL I was wondering why all my neighbors were home! LMAO Although... the hubby had court this morning! How bazaar!

Patty said...

I led you astray T-girl, the post office was open after all so I got the letters in the mail.

ORA,

The answer is YES if you haven't already saw the pic and don't know as of yet.