Friday, February 16, 2007

Stressed to the max...................

I have to say that I would rather work my butt off physically any day than deal with emotional stress. My friend made the decision today not to go on the cruise. Her husband is doing better, but has still not reached a point to where she could take off and relax instead of just worrying all the time she is away about how he was doing.

I totally understand where she is coming from, and completely support her decision, it is just her decision made me make a decision. First, she offered to move her family in here and watch the OPs for us so (my) Mister could go in her place. As much as I would have loved to do this, for the same reason she cancelled I could not go and have a good time worrying if she was doing okay with her husband and the OPs, etc... so we decided (my) Mister would stay home. Then we explored my youngest going in her place. Up and down, thinking of all the things that that would entail. My youngest decide that as much fun as it would be to go, she really needed to stay home and go to school as she had missed three days last week being ill (is she responsible or what? I think I might have said screw school). So that only left me deciding to go by myself, or to cancel along with my friend. (P.S. This is why I get trip insurance so that cancelling can be an option.)

(my) Mister wanted me to still go and to have a good time as he is so very loving and supportive of me. I had to weigh how selfish doing this would make me feel. Regardless whether or not I cruise, I would still have to spend extra money on a plane ticket to get down to the race. Bottom line, I decided to go ahead and go by myself, selfish or not.

Imagine this, five days in which you didn't have to speak to a soul unless you want to, can do exactly what you want without regard to anyone Else's feelings, can do exactly what YOU want to do and ONLY what YOU want to do, oh ya! Did I mention the no responsibility part for FIVE ENTIRE DAYS?...Pretty much my idea of heaven, though I know I wouldn't want a steady diet of it for long. But that is the beauty of it...With my personality, if I want company I will just go introduce myself to someone and hang out with them until I want to go do something else.

I am really feeling that "everything happens for a reason" feeling, and totally okay with (and excited about) my decision to cruise alone.

But before I relax and get totally excited I need to put out one more little fire. Tomorrow is the day we get to have lunch with Dave Ramsey and hear him talk. Problem is I thought it started at noon and it starts at eleven so I have to magically come up with someone willing to do OP care for an hour before my assistant is scheduled to arrive. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

T-girl said...

Patty- If we lived close I would SO be all over helping you out! I love OP's! No joke, I am weird according to some but I would much rather sit and chat with OP's then going out or other things I could be doing with people "my age!" No joke, they all have such good stories and many of them have been abondoned by their peeps so it feels good to talk to them and bring them a feeling of like someone cares.

Oh and what is your trick for the kid. I SO would have been all over that at her age! LOL

You go and have fun girl. For a week it would be fun but I am with you too much longer and I would so be almost bored to be honest. LOL

Patty said...

T-girl,

I agree with you about the fact that our seniors have much to offer us in the way of wisdom and rich tales of the past. It is so much more enjoyable to learn about the depression and WWII from someone that has lived through it rather than a text book. It is sad to think that people that can actually make that claim are to an age that there are not many left now, and yet the rest of us choose not to gather their wisdom while we have the chance. We will be the big losers in that one.

As to the kid, I often ask myself the same question. Have you ever heard the term "Indigo child?" It is the term given to the "new age" child, who is said to be an "old soul" and wise beyond their years. I think that this discribes my youngest to a tee. One of the problems of being like she is, is that she is far more mature than most of the kids her age and gets very frustrated with their behavior and often feels like an outcast for being the way she is. As with everything else, there are good and bad pieces to being mature. I keep telling her that as time goes on her friends will either grow and mature or else she will discover new, more enlightened friends. You know, people like you and me. LOL!

Random Musings said...

You are going to have so much fun!!
Even alone, it will give you time to reflect, refocus, find yourself.

Patty said...

Random,

How did you FIND out I needed to find myself? (ha, ha)

Anonymous said...

I feel like the genie who must have jumped out of the bottle!! Just kidding, how was your lunch? I hope it was everything you hoped it would be. As for the wisdom of the elderly, the OP (that talks and realized I was there half and hour after you left) shared many of her depression stories with me which I must say were actually quite interesting. (ORA)

Patty said...

ORA,

Just wait until I tell you how interesting things got for your replacement after you left. It is a hoot of a story, and you will love it. Will e-mail you when I get bored on my trip to fill you in. Thanks for rescuing me (again)so we could get to our event on time. Except for the HUGE hunk of meat that I was served and wasted (I so wished I could have brought it home for the dogs), everything was wonderful. Dave is as personable in person as he is on the radio, and we were laughing most of the afternoon. Check out our pic together on my latest post.