Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day..............................

You would have loved to be around our house last night. The air was charged just like Christmas eve, with that air of expectancy that the big day has finally arrived. I was so excited that I made (my) Mister open the perfect card (I saved the mushy one for today) that I found for him. Oh, goodie! You're wondering what it said....I will share:

I know SOMETIMES
I do things that
MAKE YOU CRAZY,

DRIVE YOU
UP A WALL,

OR MAKE YOU
WANT TO
SCREAM

and since it's Valentine's Day,
I just wanted to say...


(open card at this point)


Aren't you glad it's just SOMETIMES?




(NOTE: (my)Mister was in TOTAL agreement with the sentiment, in a good way.)




My youngest got parental permission (from both sides) and decorated her boyfriend's room for Valentine's day (he works on Tuesday night, so he came home to a big surprise). From the comments she found on her my-space this morning he loved it. She has to work tonight, but the Valentine Angels brought lots of drifting and blowing snow last night so school is cancelled and they get to go out for a Valentine's Day lunch. She was so excited (since she didn't think she would see him today) that she could hardly go back to sleep, but in the end she managed to do so (you know...that unwritten rule that one MUST sleep in on a day that school is cancelled, or else be considered a freak). When she gets up later we will make her heart shaped cookies for her to take into work with her this evening in celebration of the day.

I hope you all have a wonderful, love filled day. I can't wait for the mail this morning...I just know there will be at least one valentine hidden among all the junk mail. I'm SO excited!

3 comments:

T-girl said...

That is SO cute! I love the story about your daughter. Young love... seriously very sweet!

Hugs- T

Patty said...

Hey T-girl,

The P.S to the "young love" story... Not only did her love bring ME flowers, but he also drove my youngest w-a-y across town to get our free bag with purchase (ended up being a $12 pair of black heels) from our shoe store so I didn't have to go at night. Did I teach her how to pick her men or what? Talk about sweet!

Anonymous said...

Patty...I miss you so much...I will be checking from time to time to read up on you...just so you know..we were planning a trip to Michigan in April for a wedding for a dear friend but now that I see that a graduation brunch for Miss Aubree will soon be in session(way to go AUBREE!) we are heavily debating coming to see you all instead..I-can-d-r-i-v-e!!!(You are very loved!!!!)...although the size of my family has changed somewhat...I am now a momma to not one,not two but three teenagers(stepmom yes but who really cares HOW they got into my life ..what matters is that they are in my heart:)..not only to Garret(eight years old going on 16)but also to my precious,precious baby boy Jonathan!!!!Offically,no, but sooooooooon!I have so much to share with you..when you have time send me an email or visit me on Myspace...Have a glorious day sprinkled with angel kisses..xoxoxo...Holly