Monday, February 19, 2007






Vacation bound…………………………


I am about to make every single one of you jealous, so don’t say I didn’t warn you!


I got up this morning and right after I got done hiding my sticky notes for my youngest and (my) Mister to find I got a HUGE surprise of my own.


My youngest had left ME sticky notes on all of my luggage. They said:


Have a safe flight, a great trip, and an awesome run. I (then a picture of a) heart my mommy


Hope you have a blast !! (with a smiley face under the exclamation points) Enjoy the sun for me.


DON’T forget the souvenirs !! (another smiley)


RUN PROUD! RUN STRONG!
I’ll be missing you (with hearts and sad faces floating around)


And on top of that (my) Mister got up with me at 2:30 in the morning so that he could load my luggage and give me a proper good-bye kiss.


AM I NOT THE LUCKIEST PERSON IN THE WORLD?


I am currently killing a bit of time until the bus comes to take me to the ship, so I wanted to share that with you. I will continue with my adventures at some point today and then get logged on and post everything so you can share in the fun.


Oh! Almost forgot to tell you the MOST important thing…All eight pairs of shoes arrived (along with the rest of my stuff) in one piece. Can you believe I am going to be gone for nine days and limited myself to only eight pair? It was tough, but I think I will be able to manage somehow.


Cruising down the Mississippi…………………


I have been having a blast asking people to take pictures of me. Normally I hate getting my picture taken, but what fun are vacation places of places and not people? Since it is only me, what other choice do I have? Maybe I will just start taking pictures of other people and give them names. After all, you don’t know who I know so how will you know if I REALLY know them?


As you can tell by the pic with me in the life jacket, we had a boat drill, and we are now on our way. Remember hearing about entire boat full of people getting sick while cruising? I was thrilled to see the new addition of paper by the bathroom (stall) doors for our use. That is one of my worst pet peeves, when I wash my hands and then have to open the door with my shirt as there is no paper towels to open the door with and once you touch the door that someone else just touched you are all germy again. YUCK!


I managed to run a couple of miles before boat drill, so I am going to go take a shower and then it is time for sushi! The only time I ever eat it is on a cruise ship, and nothing raw for me thanks, only veggies.


When I got to the sushi bar, I met four young guys in their twenties and we shared a table. After we finished eating, I talked them into posing for a picture with me. You will have to wait to see it until I get home becasue I don't have any way of loading it onto my computer.

Be checking in soon!

No comments: