Thursday, June 29, 2006

I May NEVER write a real post again.....................

Feeling a bit overwhelmed right this second folks. Our new resident arrived two days ahead of schedule, and the statement, "She is a handfull," is an understatement. BUT in a good way. She is VERY sweet, and handles re-direction very well.

Anyway, I don't have time to give you all the details of her early arrival etc..., but I snuck in here because I HAD to let you know that I have been receiving all of your prayers constantly since Wednesday afternoon. Things that I really worried about are just not happening, and the only reason that makes any sense to me is because we are well insulated in your love and support. Thank you, thank you, thank you, and please don't stop now.

I kinda even hate to ask for more, but you're all doing such a great job here goes. I have not been able to run since Monday, and had to miss NIA tonight. I know this is temporary, but I am afraid of getting out of the habit and then letting all of my hard work go to fat. Pray that I am able to carve some me time out over the weekend, and keep bugging me to make sure I get back on track as soon as possible.

Thank you all so much!

Love, and love,

Patty

7 comments:

one4JC said...

You will find the time soon and she will settle in a little better than she is now. Just let God work and let him teach you through this experience. And you know I'll keep praying.

Oh and Thank you for that other thing you've been praying about...

Has to be me said...

Thanks....prayers always there 4 ya. Not 2 worry Im sure u'll be back in form soon & no way r u gonna give in to the fat! :)

Patty said...

Thanks for the support, and encouraging words girls!

I know you are right, and things are way better this morning. You know how when you get so over tired that try as you might you just can't relax enough to sleep? Well, this is what the poor thing has been fighting, and after a middle of the night phone call last night to our beloved Hospice nurse, we were able to break through that and she got a good six straight hours of sleep. (Too bad I was up with other residents for four of those hours!) This morning she is much more relaxed and content, instead of perpetual motion. I was even able to go out and get the mail without worrying, (Going to the end of the driveway, takes maybe thirty seconds to a minute.) and this is an improvement over yesterday.

As to the fat, I will be okay for awhile, as I have been too busy to eat.

Hugs to go with the thanks.

Patty said...

"Behaviors" are a part of the dementia, but by keeping her routine the same she will (has already done so)have an increased sense of security, and the outbursts will decrease.

Just in case there is any interest in learning more about Dementia, there is a really great book, written for the lay person called "The Thirty-Six Hour Day." It has been in print forever, and you can find it at any book store.

Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....g ....

Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton