Saturday, June 17, 2006

Another fun Saturday.............Here already?.........................

I can't believe it's been a week since my great adventure race, but I guess the calendar doesn't lie so it must be true.

Another big adventure awaits me this day................... Shopping for outfits for Senior pictures! Note I put an "s" on the word outfits, as in more than one required! Back when I was graduating, (Yes! I told you before............. They really did have high schools in those days...........) in the fall of your senior year you picked out a sweater, washed your hair, and spent thirty minutes posing for the camera. I remember thinking I was so cool because they had a tree prop with an outdoor background, and I had my picture taken leaning up against the tree. As soon as I passed out my pictures all the guys teased me by asking what I was doing getting my picuture taken laying on a tree. (Get it? Turn the picture sideways, and I WAS laying on the dumb tree.) That's what one gets for being ahead of their time I guess. Entire different program these days........................

The sooner you book your appointments, the better deal you get. You all know how I love a good deal, so we booked for later this month, and got a four hour (No! You did NOT read that wrong) block of time with the photographer, (actually two, two hour blocks) three specialty graphics shots, (the one we really like had the student's name in big blocks and then the student in on/around/in/whatever the blocks.........Soooooo my youngest.) and a location shot if you want one, all for the low low price of forty-six thirty four. (A whopping seventy-five percent off the regular price!) One is suppose to bring (at least) four to five outfits to change into. One can bring team uniforms, (in our case cross country) collections, (in our case shoes) friends, (in our case best one is going to be on vacation so youngest will go to her session later in the summer.) cars (she is still debating on whether or not to use the Corvette. I told her why bother unless she can figure out how to pose so her matching red shoes are in the picture while not looking like a pin-up girl, and since this doesn't seem likely the car is probably out.) pets, (I vetoed this as I would be the one to watch them while the remaining pictures were being taken.) anything one can dream up.

For months my youngest has been getting advertisements from different photographers trying to get her business. I think she got almost as many of those as she did from colleges. Since the place that we decided on said most people spend in the area of six hundred dollars on the pictures I guess it is worth the cost of all that marketing.

Anyway, my youngest, being practical, went through her things and has pretty much everything she want for her sessions. She would just like a new top to pair with one of her skirts. Translation, we will spend the biggest share of the day looking for the perfect top and end up going back to the first store and buying a new skirt to go with the perfect top that is at home hanging in the closest (or in her case, laying on the floor............... That girl has GOT TO GET BETTER about keeping her room clean BEFORE she becomes a roommate or there could be real trouble!) Regardless, we will have lots of fun, and it is suppose to be really hot and humid today, so I guess it will be a good day to be inside shopping. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so brave--but I too remember those days with KJ. We ended up going all the way to Lake Michigan for a location shot and then did not like any of them!! Hope you had a great day with youngest anyway-the time goes too fast soon she will be graduated and gone!! That comes way too soon in my book. Other Right Arm

Patty said...

Are you nuts lady? I might agree to a park, but was thinking about the back yard as her location shot. Promise not to let the youngest in on the idea of Lake Michigan.

I still have KJ's senior picture on my prayer wheel of pictures so she gets prayed for everytime I see it. She is a great kid, (don't tell her I called her a kid) and a beautiful spirit, just like her mother!

Patty said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.