Friday, June 16, 2006

I'll say it again...........................

We don't always get what we want, but we usually get what we need..................................

Two nights ago, I went with my youngest to Goodwill so she could pick up a couple of pair of Khaki pants as required for one of her part time jobs. While she was looking for those (I tried to be helpful, but our tastes were not matching that night, so I thought it better just to get out of her way.) I browsed through the books and ended up buying three (for two dollars). One of them was the book "Embraced By The Light," an account of a near death experience. I have a memory of when the book came out, but at the time I was freaked out by the whole death thing so I wouldn't read it.

Wednesday my youngest had her work schedule changed making it possible for her to stand in line and wait for the strawberries to come in out of the field. I really needed to get some this year, as I forgot about them until the end of the season last year and all of our jam and freezer berries are gone. She ended up waiting two hours, getting twenty-four quarts of berries for her time, and feeling bad for all the other women that were still in line when the supply ran out.

Where am I going with this?..........................

Without the distraction of the computer calling me away from the other things, not only did the berries get taken care of, (30 jars of jam, and bunches of bags of frozen whole ones for smoothies) but the house got cleaned that day as well. The next day, while the guys were fixing the cables, I read the whole book Embraced By The Light. It was exactly what I needed to do those two days!

I am not here to debate the whole life after death experience, or what is going to happen when I die. To hear her message that we all have a purpose to fullfill, and the most important thing any of us can do is to love one another speaks to my heart and I know it is true. Did she dream this stuff, did it really happen, is she a con artist trying to make a buck? I believe not, but it doesn't really matter how I came to hear the message. The message is valid, it is what I needed to hear, and is what I need to stay focused on. Each of us has something to give, and each of us are in our own particular situation because giving from where we are is exactly what we need to be doing. Being happy to serve and love in the most insignificant of ways has a very major significance on increasing the love in the world.

In the book she discribes how the smallest of kindnesses has a ripple effect that goes on and on to effect many more people than one would ever expect. The same is true for a negitive action, which helps me to try and focus on keeping my actions, thoughts, words, and deeds of a positive nature. Reading this book has reinforced my desire to approach life with a loving heart, first and formost towards myself. When I am less than postitive, I have to forgive and give loving kindness to myself that I might begin the ripple effect and keep it flowing towards others. If I am constantly negitive towards myself, how will I be able to love others? So........ My goal for the next few days is to look at everything through the eyes of love. Give it a try yourself, and let me know what happens.

3 comments:

Patty said...

Our strawberry season is about five weeks long. The problem is that more and more of the strawberry farms near our home are being sold off for subdivision development. (More money for less work..... who can blame them?) Most of the strawberries we get come from your neck of the woods, but there is nothing like picking them fresh and eating or using them while they are still fresh. That is why we are willing to stand in line for them.

We live for these next three to four months and the fresh produce we can get before having to settle for shipped in produce.

Thanks for the heads up on the book. I will keep my eye out for a copy. Have you read Dannion's books? You can locate the titles from the link on my sidebar.

one4JC said...

Thank you for the visit to my blog! I needed to hear that...

Patty said...

You're VERY welcome!