Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Wish I may, wish I might, have this wish.....................

As I told Has to be me, I am stealing her post for my own purposes, and it is my wish that she doesn't mind.
For a couple more of my wishes, that happen to also be hers, take a minute and go read her latest post. Our joint wishes are numbers two, six, seven, nine, and ten. Though to ten I would have to add I wish that I could have that adventerous spirit towards all things and events that present themselves to me in addition to the ones she listed. Oh, yes! And regarding number seven, I think I am short..... Only five-three and I can't tell you how many times over the years I have uttered the words, "I wish I were taller."

Do you know how bland life would be without wishes? (We can add hopes and dreams to wishes, and use these names interchangeably, yes?) From the time a mother sets the first birthday cake in front of her child, we begin to pass the heritage of wishing down to the next generation. Is there anyone that couldn't finish the first line of this blog? (If so, let me know. It is what one is to say when they see the first star of the night, and you shouldn't be missing out on this.) Did anyone fight over the wishbone from the turkey at family thanksgiving? (Again, for my friends that don't celebrate this American holiday, two people each take an end of the dried wishbone from the turkey, and pull. The one that ends up with the longer piece after it breaks gets their wish.) These are just a few of the wish traditions that I have passed along to my children.

Question? Do you think that there is such a thing as a "too trivial wish?" Like the beauty pageant contestants, we all wish for world peace, but if she were to take the mike and wish for, say, her one front tooth to not stick out farther than the other front tooth, (Using another of my wishes for demonstration purposes.) do you think the crowd would boo her for being too superficial? Would they be right to do so?

I am all about the small wishes............ "I wish that light would stay green so I don't have to wait. I wish the phone would stop ringing for a full five minutes so I can just lay on the couch." (NOTE: Those EXACT words came out of my youngest daughter's mouth just last evening, so I am not the only one that wishes for things like that. She is SO just like her mother!) "I wish that (my) Mister would find a spot on a wall that would work for a doggy door so I don't have to let the dogs in and out every five minutes." I could go on and on, but I will spare you, which I am sure was exactly what you were just wishing for!

I would like to end this post by sharing three of my "bigger" wishes with you. I think that I have probably already shared them in the past, but I also believe (Or am I wishing it to be so? that the more we talk about/write about our wishes, the better chance there is for them to come true. (Except the birthday one...... Who came up with that rule that you can't tell anyone what you wished for when blowing out your candles, or it won't come true? Probably someone that had a curious cat like me in their life.)

My first big wish is for my children to be happy, healthy, well rounded adults, and to enjoy every minute of their lives, without regret.

The next one is to be a part of creating the perfect nursing home for elder care that will become the model for all others. A place where we love and nurture our elderly, without concern about cost. A place of person-centered care,where an atmosphere of peace and tranquility is the norm and not the exception. A place that is nurturing not only to the elderly, but also to the staff and family. (This sorta falls into the category of "If mama ain't happy, no one is happy." How can a facility think that someone that hates their job will do a good job?")

The last wish I want to share is the wish that I make a positive differnce in my world every single day. Nothing makes me happier than feeling like I have done this.

3 comments:

Tammy Brierly said...

Patty, I saw a comment from you on another blog and saw your precious dog :) I have an eight yr old Maltese named Nikki (shown in my flickr albumn). She's my baby :) I'm 44 and a Libra...funny!

Loved your wishes!

Has to be me said...

Heyyy thats such a lovely (wish)ful post! loved reading the same.
BTW, i'm 5.3 too!!!
Ur 1st big wish is any mothers wish & Im wondering y i forgot to mention the same!! :)
And really wish n hope that the nursing home really comes true cos that seeems to be coming frm deep down ur heart.
and for the last wish Im sure u do cos I beleieve that every person in the world is there for a purpose.
Enjoy & have a good time! :)

Patty said...

Welcome Tammy!

A fellow Libra...... You, Me, and Has to be me. Since I have a HUGE tendency to be much more black and white instead of well balanced grey I sometimes wonder if the stars made a mistake. Or maybe it was the guy that came up with the symbols? Gives me something to work on I guess.

My sweetie Ben has made quite the blog splash. Silverine thought he was so cute that she requested her own pic, and put it on her screen saver. Good thing I didn't tell him, or he would have something more to hold over his little (Jack Russell)sister. He already plays "Alfa Dog" with her way to much. I will check out your precious as soon as I have some time.

Hell Has to be me,

See why they say perpective is up to the individual. Maybe why I personally think five-three is short is because in my world everyone (except for my female residents and the dogs) are taller than me. I figure once osteoporosis sets in I will be lucky if I come up to their belly buttons. Nothin I can do about it now I guess!

Take care, glad you liked my wishes!