Friday, March 03, 2006

Why I continue?................Continued............

One example............ The phone rang yesterday afternoon, and it was my daughter. (The oldest.) She said "Mom, I was just catching up on your blog (don't tell her boss) and it made me want to hear your voice." NEED I say more?...... Of course! (I must.)

Continuing to blog makes me: smile/laugh/cry/think/focus on what is good in my life/focus on what I want to change in my life/smile/laugh/cry/think/share ideas with others/discover things about myself/smile/laugh/cry/think. What more is there to life?

I have one of those brains that rarely stops. I drift off to sleep thinking. Enter sleep dreaming. Wake up thinking. Wait! Speaking of dreams....... Last night I had a dream in which some kids that I was taking care of (why I don't recall) brought me some peanut butter cookies. I ate one, and then thought "I shouldn't be eating these," but then they told me they were sugar-free so I thought "Why not?" and ate four or so more. What was that about? Something deep? Or simply my way of proccessing the fact that I cleaned out the bread drawer and thew out some old crumbly sugar-free peanut butter cookies yesterday? Waste not, want not? I have got to stop over-analyzing! The point I was trying to make, is that blogging is a good busy work for my brain.

I have spent a good portion of my life trying to improve, grow, and learn to accept/love myself. Blogging has turned out to be a great aid in this continuous process.

I veiw blogging as a creative process. Rather than lament the fact that "I can't even draw stick people," I have latched onto the idea that "I am very creative, just not artistic." Blogging supports this.

As I state in my profile, "I want to make a difference in the world around me." I like to think that blogging also serves this purpose. My wish is that these post of mine makes my readers smile/laugh/cry/think. (sound familiar?) The whole "learn from my mistakes and/or discoveries/gained wisdom" might be too lofty of a goal for this humble blog of mine, but then I have always tried to be a "reach for the stars kinda gal."

So, for today, this blog writing thing is working for me, and bringing a little something (You be the judge of what that little something is.)into the days you choose to show up and read. When I feel it is no longer serving any purpose, then I will move onto some other pleasure. That is the greatest thing about life........NOTHING IS CARVED IN STONE, and we can opt for change at any time we decide to. Until that time I invite you to immerse yourself in this ________ blog of mine. (I will let each of us fill in that blank. Note: The word in the blank might change from day to day.) Feel free to get out of it, anything you want Permission to plagiarize given.) I plan to. Remember....... Life is ours to enjoy!

By the way..... Pretty concise and to the point today don't ya think? (Just patted myself on the back.....Thanks to yoga I am flexible enough to do that now.) Today is shower day at the ranch, so time is a commodity not to be wasted.

No comments: