Tuesday, March 21, 2006

This blog has created a monster.... Or at least added a new componate to the old one...

Most of the time when I sit down to post a blog, I really have no idea what I am going to write about. I tend to just start typing about one thought, and then just relax and let my fingers do the typing. Not much of a writing style I guess, but it seems to be what I need to do. I am amazed at the discoveries I have uncovered while posting a blog entry. Posting has become a sort of therapy for me.

This morning, It occured to me that I have transfered this style to my e-mail responses. (Those of you that have gotten a few of those long-winded e-mails are probably saying "It's about time, she figured that out.") I received an e-mail from a friend wondering how my training was going, and letting me know that she was thinking good thougths for good weather, happy body, and lots of fun. (Paraphrased) The following is an except from my reply to her:

I am proud to be trying something new for this trip. Going with only carry-on
luggage. I know it is no big deal, but I am a HUGE over packer. When we went
last summer, I took seventeen pair of shoes, just in case! Last trip I was proud to have narrow it down to six, and I actually wore four of them. I still took too many
clothes, so this time I am whittling even more. I am taking one extra pair of running shoes, as I have to wear a good shoe for support so my feet don't get tired before the race, and I am not going to chance just wearing the shoes I will race in the day before and then get them wet before the race. (Or get them stolen off my feet like Carrie did in one of the Sex and the City episodes....... Okay! So they are not Milano-Blanca-whatevers. They are MY favorites, broken in just right!) Under-packing makes much more logical sense than my old line of "I have to take all this because I am not sure what I will feel like wearing and of course if I take this shirt I need to take these shoes, this shirt/these shoes/this......." You get the point. I think somehow this is part of all the junk I am shedding in my life. Being able to get rid of this over packing thing is going to be like peeling back another layer of my onion, on the way to the real me. Just keep your fingers crossed that I don't end up wanting something I didn't take.... It could be a real set-back.

WHAT HAPPEN to "Things are going great, thanks for the kind thoughts, and for asking"?

When I came up for air after typing that paragraph, my first thought was "that sounds like blog material." The second thought was "THAT SOUNDS LIKE A BLOG ENTRY!" YIKES!

So, I plead guilty of complete blog emmersion, and ask forgivness. Blogging has crept into all aspects of my life. I have no immediate plans to decide if this is a good thing, or a bad thing. It just is........ I probably won't work too hard on reducing my e-mail relpies, but give all of you that receive them at work/home/in the car/at the airport, permission to delete me and/or break up the reads during all of your coffee breaks through-out your day. Or.... You could file them in a folder titled "Something to do, as a last resort,when I am really really REALLY bored." How's that for a win win solution?

For me, it is enought that I blog...... Of course..... Having a readership, is the frosting on the cupcake, chocolate of course. The peanut butter on the toast, crunchy or smooth. The dressing on the salad, light for me please. The cheese on the cracker, BOY! have I missed that! Oh! Look! It's time for breakfast...... Gotta go!

No comments: