Saturday, February 11, 2006

I give up..........................For now anyway..............

Yesterday, after I posting, the profile/edit section of my blog was at the bottom of the page instead of where it should be (at the top). I didn't do anything (that I know of)........... It must have been magic. Not to cut myself down, it is just a fact...... I am only one step above computer illiterate so I don't know what to do to fix it. By the way, I also cannot figure out how to put links in my posts or on my page, how to use the spell checker, (Bet you noticed this right?) or do other things that I don't even know exist. I remember my first encounter with a personal computer. Husband (number two, not current) and I decided to make the leap towards modern technology, (verses my old trusty typerwriter) and headed out to the computer store. If you haven't already figured it out, I get bored easy, so after five minutes of listening to the clerk "sell" us on the benefits of modern technology, I said "just buy it." (I was using credit cards back then, so I made many purchases without thinking.) I spent the next forty-five minutes twiddling my thumbs (fuming, and thinking about all kinds of evil things I could do to the two of them) while my husband and the clerk tried to figure out the bill ON A COMPUTER! I remember telling the clerk that I was sure I could figure it out much faster with a pencil and paper (or an abacus) than they were doing, EVEN though math is not my strong suit. (Me...... embarrass my husband in public.......Never!) Since that time, I have had a love-hate relationship with computers. Computers are one of those things (There are many others, in fact a whole blogs worth I am sure) that "I don't care to understand how they work", I just want them TO work.

Thinking I would out-smart the computer, I re-picked my template (the same one), and re-published my blog. When I veiwed the blog, the side bar flashed on the screen at the top for a second and then disappeared again. I found it at the bottom of the page. (rats!) I logged out, hoping it would somehow fix itself. (a gal can hope can't she?) Came back........ No such luck! Though I am not sure why, (Okay........ I think one reason might be that I HATE CHANGE!) but not having it at the top WAS DRIVING ME NUTS! I tried MANY different templates, but most of them put my title on two lines, (How was I suppose to be satified with that?) or just looked funny, or (I've come to the conclusion that those people that believe "diffent isn't funny," have an extra chromosome or something.) were a "funny" color and/or arrangement. Like the song....... I couldn't get no satisfaction!

So, as I am coming to the end to today's blog, I honestly can't remember what template is currently in place. (But, am bracing myself for a depressing "Oh! Right! That one" moment, so don't worry. I'll be okay.) If anyone has any moronically simple directions or answers to restore my blog (and make it possible for me to avoid having to get comfortable with the change) bring em on. Until that time, if you are also bothered by my blog changes do what I am planning on doing.......... Cover your eyes with your fingers, and read my blog by peeking out one finger crack at a time. I have used this technique in the past to avoid an assortment of things, so I know first hand that is can be successful if exucuted properly. Best wishes!

No comments: