Friday, February 17, 2006

Another thing my trainer said…………………………..

My trainer ask me how I was feeling about my exercise program, so I gave him my normal flippant (yet true) response “I like the fact that I can brag about it, when I am finished.” He said something along the lines of “I don’t go by that philosophy, but whatever works I guess.” He went on to tell me he believes that one should enjoy exercise, or keep trying new things until they do find something they enjoy. Thinking back on these statements, truth be told, THIS REALLY PISSED ME OFF! (No offense trainer.) Not only did I NEED to exercise (if I wanted to be healthy that is)……… I was suppose to enjoy it? What is up with that?

If truth be told, until exercise feels the same as spending a quiet afternoon parked on the sofa in front of a Lifetime movie, nibbling on chocolate, I probably won’t say “I like exercise,” but I can and do like what exercise does for me, and that is enough for today! After all, there are lots of things in life that one needs to do, but doesn’t really like doing. Here ( in no special order) are my top ten picks:

1) Paying Uncle Sam part of each and every hard earned dollar.

2) Waking up and not being able to get back to sleep.

3) Waking up right in the middle of a great dream.

4) The alarm clock going off (Do ya think I have sleep issues?)

5) Letting my children turn five and head off to Kindergarten

6) Letting my kids make their own mistakes as they grow and learn.

7) Who am I kidding?…… Letting my kids grow up period!

8) Admitting I am wrong (Who Moi?)

9) Admitting someone might be right.

10) Risk taking.

One good thing that came out of the above conversation, is that as I was thinking of all of the sports that I have tried in the past, I remembered that I used to play softball (left-field) on a co-ed community education league. (From my late twenties through my thirties.) This is one thing that I truly did love. Recalling this was very pleasant , and made me smile.

Okay! It is already seven-thirty, and I have finished my hour run, three cups of coffee, and a banana. It is time for a shower and then some oatmeal (with fruit of course!) Enjoy your day.

No comments: