Tuesday, February 07, 2006

HELP!!!!!......... I've run out of chocolate........

The night before last, I finished the last of my Christmas (ie. the good stuff) chocolate, and had an interesting(for me)reaction...... It didn't seem like that big of a deal....... TRULY WEIRD! Last night, even more strange.........

I like something sweet after I eat, and I totally blame my upbringing of being rewarded for cleaning my plate. (Who of my generation has not been told "Clean up your plate, or you can't have desert?"(ie. Rewarded with the good stuff for eating the bad stuff.) That one sentence has been haunting me for years, as I attempt to NOT clean my plate and/or have the good stuff.......I would have made a good Pavlov dog I think........ Very open to suggestions......Wait!...... I was making a point, now what was it? Oh! Yeah!

I like something sweet after I eat.... So, after indulging on take-out fried rice (I had a hard day, okay? And I only ate half of the carton!), I suddenly remembered that I was out of chocolate! "Out of chocolate" may not be the right way to phase it. After all, there was still stuff to make no-bake cookies (considered a staple in my kitchen), chocolate pudding, cocoa to make fudge sauce/frosting/hot chocolate etc... Chocolate Malto Meal, chocolate chip cookies (store bought), tons of chocolate chips left-over from Christmas baking, some melting chocolate, all those left-over cookies from Christmas (that I have got to get around to disposing of one of these days). Four out of the six packages of Oreos that I HAD to buy (That week at the store they were two for five dollars, and for every two you bought, you got a gallon of milk free..... We use three gallons of milk every week, how could I pass up that kind of a deal?) That un-opened box of Sees that my sister brought for me, but my friend wanted it, so I told her she could have it, but she has never stopped by to pick it up, so I am sure she has either forgotten about it or figured by now I had eaten it...... You get the picture..... I guess it is not exactly accurate that I am out of chocolate, just out of quality chocolate.

After reviewing my options, I decided on having a small bowl of Dark Cherry ice cream, and that was that. I bet you are wondering how I could manage to show such restraint right? Well, you see, Valentines Day is just around the corner, and where there are valentines, there is chocolate. I can be sure of this, because I will be ordering it for my girlfiends from http://www.chocolatesmith.com/ (get excited girls), and as long as I am ordering it for them.........

Chocolate Smith is a company that is out of Santa Fe, NM, and my yoga instructor brought samples into class one night (yoga and chocolate go great together). They make the chocolate on site, and are very artistic/creative with their product; check out their web site.

I have said before, that I am learning to prefer a smaller amount of a high quality food (sorry Oreos), rather than simply cramming whatever is within my reach into my mouth. I am appoaching this as an experiment of sorts. Will looking forward to my chocolate arriving sometime next week, be enough to satify me, or should those Oreos be worried????? Only time will tell I guess. I will keep you informed.......Promise!

No comments: