Monday, February 27, 2006

Forcast predicts a busy week...............................

We are doing respite care this week, which translates into me actually having to work for a change. It might not seem like one more person can make that much difference (and in lots of ways, that is a true statement), but what I try to do is not interupt anyone's regular schedule. Except mine of course....... which is as it should be. Why am I boring you with this information? Well.........

Yesterday morning, I woke up feeling pretty good. Everything was flowing, and rather than listen to church, (Call me a heathen, if you want. I just get too cynical when I hear them repeatedly asking for money. Knowing that their main audience consists of shut-ins, on fixed incomes, gets me started....... I know that everyone has the right to spend their money as they choose, and my beliefs should be mine alone, it's just.......... Easier all around for me to put my headphones on and listen to what I choose to hear and leave it at that.)I was listening to Jana (Stanfield) music. Listening to Jana music always gets me thinking, so when I started to write yesterday's blog I had all these heavy philosophical thoughts that started coming out on paper. Not bad stuff, just stuff that didn't flow like the fluff that usually comes out of my head. Jumping up every few minutes (as usual) the blog was having a difficult time developing. I finally decided I would put it away until today.

Here we are at today......... I went back to yesterday's draft, but again it remains a "work in process," the operative word being "work". I put it away again. Some day, it might get finished. Maybe it will spend eternity sitting as a draft. What will be will be. I made a pledge to myself that I would have fun with this blog, because I think that is the best way to learn. I also strive to entertain, (while making a point)and the current draft is lacking in entertainment value..... Too boring and heady at this point...... Enough said.

This is not a week that I will be able to devote lots of time to extracurricular activities, such as blogging. Don't you just hate it when we have to act like grown-ups? It will be a golden opportunity to check in, write concise, to the point blogs, and get on with my day. Do you think I have it in me? It is good to try new things. (Okay, it wasn't all that great the time I gave okra a try, but that is a whole other blog!) Stay tuned, same blog, same blog site, and we shall see what we shall see.........

No comments: