Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Volunteers needed..........................

I think I have mentioned in the past that I plan to celebrate turning fifty this fall by running my first, full marathon. I received some info on a sort of local race that is being held on October 21. The really cool and exciting part is that in addition to the marathon, and the half distance, they have a relay marathon made up of teams of five people. with each person on the team doing a portion of the 26.2 distance. So...This is my plan...

I will do is the full marathon, but have a five member relay team that will break up the distance and run with me to be my running buddy. Having a partner to run with will keep me going, especially at the end when I am tired and am wondering if I will see the finish line. It will also be great to be celebrating each and every step towards the finish line with someone that is special to me.

If you would like to be a part of this fabulous opportunity let me know soon as the relay and half-marathon slots are said to fill up fast. (my) Mister and my youngest have already claimed two of the spots (if truth be told, (my) Mister semi-reluctantly let himself be talked into it after I assured him it was all I wanted from him for my birthday. He sooooo wishes I could be like other wives and want something store-bought!) That leaves three positions currently available though I am sure they will go fast because of the fact that I am so loved and so many people are just going to be dying to celebrate with me. Will you get to be one of the lucky ones? Maybe we will end up having to draw straws? Anyone out there know how to draw straws cyber style?

2 comments:

Random Musings said...

Where is it?? I turn 30 in Oct so this could be my big milestone too, I could not by any means do the full thing.. Let me talk to the hubby about it and if you can give me the race info through email

Patty said...

WIll do Ramdom,

Maybe this will end up being our first race of many.