Monday, April 09, 2007

Life's little pleasures.................................

Yesterday, being a holiday and all, both of our residents went out to spend time with their families. (my) Mister ask me if I would like to go out and see a movie while they were gone. HAD HE GONE NUTS? I haven't had the chance to be alone in my house in forever and he thinks I want to leave it? Not on your life! We ended up having the house to ourselves for almost FOUR WHOLE HOURS! It was great...

Before our last resident made it to the end of the block the dogs and I were singing at the top of our lungs. Usually when we sing we have to go outside so as not to disturb anyone else. With the house to ourselves we could howl till we were hoarse, and that is just what we did.

Then (my) Mister and I took the dogs for a walk...TOGETHER, as in AT THE SAME TIME. I think the last time we managed to do that was last summer some time.

I won't bore you with the details of how we spent the next couple of hours (or embarrass (my) Mister by sharing with you all how I got him to make some noise), but trust me... it was time well spent.

We ended the day with Chinese take-out. Did you hear that they did some study and the good news is that Chinese take-out is no more horrible for you then it was found to be years ago? They actually stated it that way, as it being "good news." Go figure that slant, but what better way to end a forbidden afternoon than eating forbidden bad-for-you-greasy-yummy tasting- take-out?

Hope all of you had as great of a holiday as I had. It is the little things in life, the ones we take for granted until we don't have them anymore, that make life worth living. Be happy for those moments and embrace them for all you are worth.

5 comments:

E said...

I'm so glad you had a great afternoon with your mister. =] It sounds like it was much needed time together.

I love times like that, when all seems right with the world, and your spirit is able to really get what it needs at the moment.

I wanted to also thank you for your words of wisdom on my blog lately. I'm to the point of looking forward to your response.

Thank you,

Emily

Patty said...

Thank you Sweet E,

You are too kind, and never fear...I ALWAYS have something to say.

Thank YOU for your willingness to express your feelings so openly on your blog. I am sure that doing so is helpful to many people going through similar experiences.

T-girl said...

Hum... chinese... should I not be so full from dinner i would say "yum!" LOL I ALMOST made chinese tonight actually but I figured the little man down at the market would be an even bigger pain in my butt if I tried to cook him!

Glad you had such a productive day!

Random Musings said...

happy late easter.. And I am glad you had a good day!!

Patty said...

Funny T-girl! Me thinks you've been hanging around your husband too long!

Right back at ya Random. Hope your day was bright, sunny, and fun.