Sunday, April 22, 2007

Much more than expected..........................

The weather has taken a turn for the fabulous, just when I thought our extended winter was going to last forever. I am getting so hopeful that winter is finally over that I am thinking about moving my big plants out onto the deck, their first transition home towards their final summer home out in the yard, on the patio. What is my point? I have been back to gardening instead of blogging. Don't ask me why I didn't just say that? My only answer is I am more of a War and Peace kind of story teller instead of a Reader's Digest Condensed Book one.

If you read my previous post, you know I was/am looking for runners for the team I am putting together to pace me and celebrate with me as I run my first marathon to celebrate turning fifty. Well, turns out I got much more than a member for my team, I got a full fledged partner.
Random has signed on to run the full 26.2 with me. Isn't that terrific! She is turning thirty around the same time I am turning fifty, so we are going to have a blow-out birthday bash compliments of the Detroit Marathon! We are both very excited and ready to get out there and log the miles necessary to complete the race. Do you know how great of shape we are going to be in six months from now, when we cross that finish line? BTW, there is still one, possibly two spots left on the team if anyone else wants to join us.

Well, I need to go wake my youngest up and get her going. She has committed to helping me with the front yard for a couple of hours. Ya, she is a great kid, but the real reason she is helping me is because she wants to earn extra money so she can go tanning to get rid of the tan lines she acquired at her track meet yesterday so she doesn't have a funky tan in her prom dress. Prom is less than two weeks away so she is getting desperate enough for extra cash that weeding has suddenly become tolerable, if not appealing. I tell you parents, this commission idea is one of the greatest things ever invented!

4 comments:

T-girl said...

Well I would say yes but I want to have another baby BUT maybe in a year or so! Right now I am trying to get up to 5K status... ok FINE I am trying to get up to 1 mile cut me some slack will ya! LOL

Btw- I will try to get to your EM in the next day or so, sorry about the time been really crazy here and not sure it will settle down this week or not!

Hugs- T

Patty said...

T-girl,

You know as well as I do that getting out there (running or walking) is a lot more than most Americians do and any distances should be applauded. Just hang in there and soon you will be pushing Baby-J across the finish line of an area 5K, feeling proud as a peacock.

No prob about the e-mail, remember this is the gal that would just as soon not change anything, and I have been busy gardening. I can wait to hear from you until things slow down.

Random Musings said...

WEEHEOOO so excited for this run.
And what my ass is going to look like...

Ha ha you bribed her with money to pull weeds

Patty said...

If you think your a$$ is going to look good, wait until you see your calfs three months from now.

I DID NOT bribe her. It was she that came to me and struck up a deal, kind of like a used car salesperson. They work on commission and no one calls that a bribe.