Monday, April 30, 2007


Out of touch, but not out of heart............................

Sorry I have not been in and about blog land the last couple of days, but this great weather is taking up lots of my time with activities that I had to put on the shelf all winter.
One of the things I did over the weekend was participate in the annual "Race for the Cure" 5K, Completing the run in 32.32. The event was more like a festival than a race with all kinds of businesses giving out freebies. Had I known, I would have gone earlier and stocked up. I will know for next year. The above picture is after the race. I am with my dear friend ORA, who is a breast cancer survivor of eight years now and going strong.
I have also been spending time planning my youngest's up (and quickly) coming graduation party. I started finding recipes this morning so I can make a shopping list, blah, blah, blah. The party is only 20 days away so I guess it is time to kick it into gear and get moving on it don't ya think?
Time to go change the laundry, decide what to make for dinner, do dishes...Woe is me! Don't you wish you had it so easy?

4 comments:

Random Musings said...

THANK you
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
for my care package.. I love it. I was so excited to see it on the counter when I got home.
You are such a motivation for me to do this and I am really glad we have found each other!!

Patty said...

You're VERY welcome Random, and thank you for letting me share in your running discoveries. It is exciting and motivating to me as well.

Are the socks not the ugliest you have ever seen? Wear them with pride (most of the sock doesn't show anyway) as you line up for your first race this weekend.

I feel like a proud mamma sending her little chick off to her first day of school. You're going to do great, and I can't wait to hear all about it!

T-girl said...

First off... YEAH ORA!!!!! That is great!

Second off... YEAH PATTY!!!! I probably would have a similar score right now...but I believe mine would include days not minutes! ROTFLMAO

Third... graduation gradusuasion! You make that girl go backwards, starting now she will be a junior next year! Got it? Sigh, I know it is sooner then I want to admit but I don't want think of Joci graduating, she is just my little baby!

Random... what'd ya get?

Patty said...

T-girl you are a big skinny liar! I know you would run circles around me, especially if I were carrying your current read and threatening to tear out the final page!

Are you nuts! I would not want to deal with public school again for NOTHING, EVER! Besides I gave her the chance to not turn five and she rejected it. Serves her right, now she will have to face all that grown-up crap!

Random has a picture of her surprise if you haven't already seen it. I wanted to try and help her forget about her shin splints.