Thursday, April 12, 2007

Parks meeting playback.......................

The meeting went very well last night, and my idea was extremely well received. Who could ask for more than that?

Being a small town and all, it turns out that I provided day care for the head of the committee's grandson (who is a junior in high school now). He recognized my face and that broke the ice for the rest of the presentation.

Though there was one comment of, "What do you mean presentation? You gave us a book." everyone was pleased with the information that I supplied for them to move forward with.

Now they begin doing the things that a committee needs to do before taking the idea to the city council, and we all wait and see what our next move is to be.

I gotta confess that during the meeting when they were doing all their "motions, seconds, and for the records" I was kind of relieved that there was no open positions on the committee. Being my own boss I have gotten used to just doing things the way I think they should be done without having to run it by anyone else (except the resident, family, and doc, but that isn't really the same thing). When it was mentioned that last months meeting was over three hours long, I was downright thankful not to have signed on to be a part of the committee. (Ya! I'm selfish with my time!) Still, I had a good time speaking to the group and being part of a discussion, sharing some things and learning other things. My idea of a really fun night.

CHANGING THE SUBJECT.........................

My baby is eighteen today, at 10:27 AM. I tried to get her to agree to signing herself out of school at lunch saying she needed to go buy her first official lottery ticket, but she said she has missed too much school and needs to be there. As I have often said in the past..."If she hadn't been born at home, I would swear she was switched at birth!" JK... She is a really great kid, and I am very proud!

Of course, she had a couple of appointments yesterday (one of which was getting her TB test read as she needed to be tested to live here upon the age of eighteen. Interesting that she could have had TB before the age of eighteen and that wouldn't matter, but once she is an official adult...) Anyway... The point is I HAD TO CALL HER IN TO EXCUSE HER FROM SCHOOL one last time yesterday. I thought last week was the last time, but no! She managed to sneak one more in on me. The moral of that lesson:

NEVER SAY IT IS OVER UNTIL IT IS OVER!

IT - IS - OVER!!!!! One more "last time" crossed off my list. Yippee!

You don't think this is some great denial system that I have devised because I simply can't cope with the notion of having all my children gone and out on their own do you? Maybe I am going to have some huge meltdown two years from now when she graduated from Community College and I force her to move into the dorm or an apartment for her own good (and my selfishness). And maybe I could get hit by a bus between now and then so I am not going to spend any time worrying about the possibility of said meltdown in the meantime. Good plan, don't ya think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY GIRL!!! I remember the day oh so well like it was yesterday. Time flies as you get older that's for sure. Enjoy and rejoice in every minute you are here and it is OK to be selfish with one's own time.

Watch out for the bus while you are out there running. (ORA)

Patty said...

Ah yes! You were there as my still photagrapher. One of my all-time favorite photos is the one you took with her head out and the rest of her still inside of me.
She doesn't feel the same about it, and hates it when I show people but when she becomes a mom she will like it better I am sure.