Friday, December 01, 2006

Surprise!...........................................

Since I know you are all dying to know if (my) Mister took my (not so subtle) hint and brought me a surprise, I will share with you.

He did really, really good this time. I have a cutting board made from the sink cut-out Corian counter top. I guess from putting hot stuff on it, the dumb thing buckled and when I would try to use it it spins around and is not at all efficient. Well, (my) Mister brought home these little things that go on the bottom of the cutting board and now it is nice and sturdy/steady, and doesn't move at all when I use it. Isn't that cool?

I don't know about you, but it is the little things like that in life that drive me nuts. I feel like a pampered princess now everytime I use the cutting board. The "present" part of (my) Mister fixing it is that he thought it up all on his own. I didn't have to nag/plead/beg/all of the above. He took it upon himself to find a way to make my daily life a little better, and that makes me feel really loved and cherished. A gift isn't about the price tag attached, it is about the thought and effort that went into the gift. Thanks honey.

Since I am sharing wonderful things about (my) Mister, let me tell you what he did last night...

He helped me decorate sugar (holiday) cookies. You know the ones that are messy because the little sprinkles stick to evertything EXCEPT the frosting on the cookies. Normally, I bake them and it is my youngest's job to frost and decorate them. This year, we have a cookie deadline. My sister is not coming home for Christmas this year (I will not cry thinking about it), so I have to ship her cookies out to her. Sugar cookies would not have been on my list, but apparently they are her favorite. I had everything else ready to go, but my youngest had no time to decorate. The dogs would have been happy to help, but I wanted a few cookies left, so that left only poor Mister to be recruited for the job.

After I sat him straight on the fact that I hated the job MUCH more than he did, he not only was a good sport, but he got his creative juices flowing after a bit. Not an easy thing to do with only red, green, red/green, multi-colored sprinkles, and those little red-cinnamon thingies. Thanks Honey, you're the best!

No comments: