Sunday, December 17, 2006

If you thought I had a great guy before, just wait until you read this.....................

Before being layed up, I had been making video tapes to pass the time during recovery. On the Friday after Thanksgiving, they had an all day What Not To Wear marathon so I taped six hours of the show. Believe it or not I am getting (my) Mister hooked on the show with me. He told me a couple of days ago that he had never noticed before how many women wear pointed toed shoes these days.

Okay, so yesterday I snuck out of the house with my youngest (yes she was driving) for a quick little trip to the fabric store as she needed to get some fabric for the present she is making her boyfriend for Christmas. I HAD to go along, as I was feeling left out of her project planning, and I was DYING to look at patterns for my new little black dress. You know, the one that every hot looking babe HAS TO HAVE! I had been looking for the perfect dress in the stores for a couple of months, but I have not seen exactly what I want. Long story short, I found, found, FOUND it. While getting the fabric cut I was so busy showing off my new boobs that I didn't buy the right amount of lining as the dress has an underpinning AND a lining. Since it was on sale through today (99 cents from $3 something) I wanted to get the rest of what I needed. This is where (my) SUPER Mister comes in.

Not only did he go to the fabric store for me to get the extra lining, he took one of the new What Not To Wear blouses I got (on clearance for $12.00, 100% silk), found a pattern to match the blouse so I can make a couple more in this perfect for me style, AND took another pattern and picked out some fabric for me to make a top out of. How many guys do you know that would do that for you, no matter what you were recovering from? Not only did he do this for me, before he left, he let me dress him up in one of the What Not To Wear outfits that I got for him last week, just so I could get that "You look so good you take my breath away" second when he got back home from the store. It TOTALLY worked!

I am up to twenty-five minutes of walking on the treadmill, and did a mile and one quarter in that time period yesterday. In the afternoon my youngest worked on her present. So as not to give the details away on the very slim chance that a certain boyfriend wanders onto this post, I will just say that part of it has to do with forming the letter O. It took the three of us much longer than it should have to figure out exactly how to do this, but that is okay because we laughed a lot at the results along the way to completion and had some nice quality family time during the process. All in all a really great day and weekend. Hope yours was the same.

No comments: