Thursday, December 14, 2006

There's no place like home........................

As ORA posted in her comment (thanks by the way for doing so ORA), surgery went well, and I am finally home.

I had planned on staying one night, and was a model patient during that time period. At two this morning, my stoic act wore off and all I could do was cry to come home. I was never so happy to see my floors (that needed to be swept) and smell my house smell (a good smell, not at all stinky, at least not to me)

Okay, are you ready for this?

The surgeon took off fourteen (14) inches of skin from the area between my pubic area and under my breasts. AND I AM SHORT WAISTED! That is a lot of skin. He said he took off more than he had planned (if you watch all the surgery shows you know they mark you all up before you head into surgery) so I joking tell people he cut outside the lines (instead of colored outside the lines for those of you that don't work with little kids). And my breasts look great as well. For the first time ever I think, I have to look over the little buggers as they no longer hide under my armpits when I lay down.

The surgeon was extreamly impressed with how well surgery went. It took him less time than expected and I didn't need to have any blood transfused. I totally attribute this to all the love and prayers that everyone send to me. Thank you, thank you, thank you. The letter to the surgical staff was a big hit as well. A couple of the staff even told me afterwards that they had spotted a couple of angels in the surgical area.

Lucky, blessed me, I was prepared for much more pain than I have had, but I AM NOT COMPLAINING. I am amazed at how good I feel. Again I know this is because of all the good thoughts from everyone. I am taking it very easy and sleeping a lot. I just couldn't resist saying hi and letting you all know everything is going very well. Thanks for caring for me so much, it means a lot.

No comments: