Monday, July 24, 2006

So you don't think I've died...................

As I told "Other Right Arm," in answer to "Are you okay? You haven't blogged since Thursday."............. I have had my respite resident.......Six people, three of which are total care, is a bit much, even for SUPER caregiver, me! Respite resident is going home this afternoon, so until I have some real time...............

Here is a visual for you.................

Saturday, I made it out to the garden to discover the first red tomatoes of the season. One small one, and a handful of cherry tomatoes. I picked them and stood in the garden, the warm sunshine on my face, wiped the tomatoes on my (most likely dirtier than the tomatoes) shirt, and ate them one after the other, letting the juice dribble down my chin, not caring that I wasn't sharing with a soul!

Call it my reward for all the caregiving I did over the weekend....... I will not feel guilty! Besides, there will be tons more over the next few weeks, so EVERYONE can have their fill then.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you we have to take our pleasures where we can get them!! Besides no one else inside the house knows what you did! Just remember the blueberry episode--too much of a good thing is not good for the residents!!

Has to be me said...

Yum @ the garden fresh tomatoes! U do deserve them ofcourse! Enjoy! :)

Patty said...

Hey! The only dumb question is the one not ask. Respite means she comes occasionally. When her daughter,whom she lives with, needs a respite/break/vacation from caring for her. This particular woman has demenia, and used to go everywhere with her family. Then she got sick and was in bed for two months. (On Hospice, which is where her daughter got my name from.) One day, she simply woke up and started eating again and got better. (And became a "Hospice drop-out" ie... she was no longer "termanally ill.") The problem was, that because of her dementia, she forgot how to walk while she was sick, so she is not able to go with her family so she comes to our house. Hope that answers your question.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»