Monday, July 10, 2006

Just do it.................

Have you ever not done something, because you spent too much time planning? I don't have time for that, money for this, confidence to do that, not brave enough to tackle this, on and on until we have ourselves painted into a secure little corner, not having any fun and/or excitement.

Why, when we think about what might happen if we simply jump in and do something, do we always picture the negative? I know when I am hesitant about participating in life, it is always because of some perceived horror that could/might happen. What I should be focusing on is that I am risking loosing out on something great by not participating.

My career for example....... If I had not been backed into a corner finacially, I would never have went back to school. Now, I can't imagine what my life would be like had I not done so. I would have missed out on so much love, laughter, and learning. More important, I would still be searching for that sense of contentment that comes from knowing you are doing just what you are suppose to be doing.

Back when I used to have time to daydream, I would try and imagine how I would come to have the important things in my life if I had traveled a different path. IF..... I had not become a therapist, received a pay cut, joined the massage class to make extra money, I would not have met (my) Mister. Since I feel he is a part of my destiny, how might we have met instead? I never come up with a plausible senerio before becoming bored with the game and simply being grateful for the fact that he is a part of my life. Even when I am upset with him, I know that having him in my life allows the possiblility of learning valuable lessons that I would otherwise not have exposure to. How great is that?

Now for the disclaimer...............

If the above post sounds a little disjointed, it is because I just did it. No plan, no thought, just followed the directions to start and not worry about what came out. In order to keep with the lesson, I am forcing myself to publish without re-reading or re-thinking. How did I do?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i enjoyed reading this blog. i just went through your archives - interesting reads. And, i agree it's so important to 'just do it'. i too get caught up in the 'what if' of a plan and fall short of putting it into action. this causes me to regret what i may have been able to do. i have a partner who helps me with this. keeps me on track with her encouragement but strangley is not the risk taker of the two of us. i think we were destined to meet like you and (mister). i thank God daily for the gift i have received because of it. i plan to revisit your blog - you inspired me to attempt to start my own!! i wonder if i'll over think that too?

Patty said...

Dear anonymous,

Thanks for visiting! Am thrilled that you can relate to my post. I will definitely encourage you to start your own blog. I have discovered sooooo many things about myself, made new friends, and solved problems through the act of writing posts.

It is very easy to get started, and there are absolutely NO RULES to worry about breaking. When I started, I thought my blog would be about food and weight loss. As you can see, it has taken on a life of its own. It might not be what I thought it was going to be, but it is exactly what I need it to be.

Please stay in touch, and let me know what your site is so I can visit you there. Once you have a blog and a picture, leave a comment with your log in name, and it will automatically be a link to your site.

Looking forward to getting to know you better....... Keep visiting, and start writing!

Has to be me said...

So rite....it is so essential think positive & make it happen. Keep up ur sunny side! :)

Patty said...

Dear HTBM,

When my sister and I want to return a compliment, we say, "Takes one to know one." That is what I will say to you, as you are a very positive, glass-half-full, sunny-side-up kinda gal.