Thursday, July 20, 2006

Might make it to Ripley's Believe It Or Not...............

I decided to pick up a tag from Has to be me, as I thought everyone might enjoy hearing about the interesting ways I use the varying spaces around my home..........

I promise............. I am not making this stuff up!

Five things in my freezer:

1. slush, the yummy pina-colada kind that you mix with rum
2. slush, the not-so-tasty kind that you use on sore spots after running. In case
you want to know how to make it, it is one part alcohol (rubbing or booze) to
four parts water. After it freezes it makes a great cold pack as it forms to
body parts like knees and ankles.
3. Cookie sheets with blueberries layed out to freeze. When they are frozen, we
transfer them into bags, and then we can pour out just what we need rather than
having one big frozen clump. Yes! Blueberries are finally in season, I have
thirty pounds that I am putting in the freezer.
4. Horseradish.... I think it was two years ago, I dug up part of the root from the
plant that used to be tiny and is now huge. I ground it in the food processor,
and put it into baby food jars. The piece of root that I ground made like a
dozen jars. Two years later I think I have ten left. Horseradish is something
that most of us don't use much of I guess.
5. A vast assortment of Weight Watcher ice cream snacks, (only one and two points a
piece. Did I tell you I was point counting as a way to control my portion issues?)
as well as a gallon bucket of vanilla ice cream for my new resident. She
goes through about one a week.

Five things in my car NOTE: My car was really handed down to my youngest, so I take
NO responsibility for this list:

1. One can of Madarine oranges (must have fallen out of the case on one of the
grocery trips)
2. An old beat up American flag licence plate (I guess she is patriotic)
3. Easily a third of my youngest's wardrobe (she changes for track practice....
enough said)
4. A cane (who know why?)
5. Enough condiments and napkins to supply a park full of picnic goers for at least
three weekends.

Five things in my closet... NOTE: Since being displaced from my room and closet, this is an old list. I am currently closetless, and mooch off of other spaces to put my stuff.):

1. A washer and dryer (The stackable kind)laundry soap,etc...
2. A camera case with my 35mm camera, assorted lens, filters, film, etc...
3. (my) Mister's clothes....... I gave up space for clothes so I could have the
washer/dryer on the first floor instead of in the basement.
4. Personal play things..... The box got to big to fit under the bed.
5. Lots of lint, as a result of number one.... See why I didn't mind moving my
clothes? Are we at number five already? For a small closet, there was a lot
packed in there.

Five things in my handbag:

1. Six pair of cheap headphones, the kind you get when you take an airplane trip.
2. ear plugs and a sleeping mask. The earplugs are for the movie theater. Well!
Okay! I used the sleeping mask at the movies as well, but only once! Normally
it is in there for those times that I can send my daughter into the store and
catch a quick nap while I am waiting.
3. For (trail) running: Ipod/case, afore mentioned headphones, wrist wrap for
holding a car key, sweat band, a zone bar, muscle milk (both for instant fuel
after the run)a supply of tissues, (for needed stops during a longer run) hair
ties, Aleve, clean socks, (have been meaning to add a pair of clean panties, but
keep forgetting)
4. A wide assortment of coupons and discounts, probably over half of them have
expired, but sometimes I can talk the sales person into taking them anyway so it
never hurts to hang onto them.
5. Enough ink pens/pencils to supply the entire Senior class for at least the first
semester. And I wonder why I can never find one around the house when I need it!

The above is just a small sample of the things in said catagories. I probably could have done a hundred things...... For sure could have come up with fifty...... But we'll leave it at this for now!

9 comments:

Has to be me said...

Damn nice of u to've taken up this tag!

The blue berries sounds good.

What is horseradish? Havent even heard of it!

I can imagine ur car! LOL! I guess mine wud be the same in the yrs to come. My son already thinks it is HIS car & not mine!!

Regd ur handbag, mine also has some expired coupons!! hee hee!!

Good going! :)

Patty said...

Julia, you've been married ten years..... Maybe you and I should chat. Remember.... You are the one that lives by the beach, not me. A rope..... Yup, there might be one of those in there!

Patty said...

Fresh blueberries are heavenly. Unfortunately, too many can be a bad thing, as I am finding out today, dealing with everyone having the runs from having over eaten the fresh blueberries yesterday.

Horsehradish is a plant in which the root is eaten. It is very hot comparable to wasabi, the hot stuff that you use for sushi. Most people eat horseradish as a condiment for meat, but I like it in egg salad or other dips to give them a kick.

I didn't even scratch the surface of what is in the handbag. Hard to believe for years I didn't even carry one. My current one is the size of a small suitcase, and it sometimes is not big enough.

Since your car is a much nicer one than what we drive, I am wondering if your husband will allow junior to trash it like my youngest has done? You know how guys and their cars are. I have never much cared about the condition of my car, as long as it gets me from here to there. I guess my youngest takes after me in this regard as well as all the other ways she is like me.

one4JC said...

LOL I used to have personal play things...sigh until the personal play things were used by another with my Hubby and now I don't have either the play things or the Hubby..LMAO

I may have to pick up this tag for my blog...we will see

Patty said...

All I can say to this is, if hubby used them with one other, chances are good he will use them with additional, others. Most likely, as (UN)responsible as he is, he doesn't wash said play things between users, so you are better off NOT having either of them anymore!

Did you know that updated/new improved models of both are always being put out on the market? I believe, when the time is right, both of your lost items will be replaced. When it happens you will wonder what you ever saw in the older models.

one4JC said...

I completed your tag...not as interesting but done nonetheless LOL

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»