Saturday, January 12, 2008

Give him a minute and he'll take an hour..............................

With our new hospice resident, (my) Mister and I are back to shift sleeping for a couple of nights. The man is cracking me up, trying to pull one over on me.

I took the first shift last night and would have stayed up later but I wanting to be coherent when the hospice nurse came at eight this morning I woke him up at 2:00 AM. Mind you he laid down at 8:30 PM and that was more sleep than he gets on any given normal evening.

I am either up or sleeping. (my) Mister can fall asleep at a moments notice, get up and instantly be back asleep as his head hits the pillow, so for the rest of the evening he napped and did hourly checks. He (finally) got to go back and lay down at 9:30 AM, and slept until 1:30 PM. At 5:30 PM he went "back to lay down" and will sleep until I wake him up because I can no longer keep my eyes open. He must still be recovering from getting back into his work routine and not being able to snag the daily naps he had while we were on vacation.

Least you think I am slamming on poor Mister, Let me end this post by saying he is the best help-mate on Earth and I could not be doing this work without his love and support. I am NOT complaining about him or anything, it just struck me as amusing so I thought I would share with you. Maybe it is only funny if one is sleep deprived???

2 comments:

Daniele said...

I too can fall asleep instantly, something I find VERY useful and I'm grateful for. I believe I inherited this ability from my dad - used to drive mom crazy.
Your Mister and you are very well matched!

Patty said...

Well matched if that "oposites atract thing is true." If truth be told I think he gets the short end of the stick a lot of the time he spoils me so much. Again, I am not complaining. I am fine with being spoiled!