Monday, January 07, 2008

Caught between excitement and pride.....................

I mentioned how I am poised for change in my life, and trying not to put constraints on the path towards change. Upon returning from vacation, I had two business networking invitations waiting for me. They may or may not turn out to start me in a certain direction, but I won't know until after participating in them, so plans are in the works to do just that.

About a year ago I had an old friend design a simple web site for me as well as get it up and running on the world wide web. He set me all up so I could make changes/additions myself. Yesterday I finally got around to doing so. I have little patience with computer programs beyond simple word processing (it took me months, and countless attempts to learn how to post pics on my blog and I STILL can't figure out how to rotate a pic so people don't have to look at it sideways) so rather than update I just stopped telling people I had a web site. Not the best use of my marketing dollar, but kept ego from suffering embarrassment.

After investing five hours my web page now has pictures and is completely updated. I still want to add one more page, but I can't tell you how proud and excited I was when I finally figured out how to get the new page I did add to link IN BOTH DIRECTIONS with the pages that were already there. I know if you get the whole web design thing it is no big deal, a click here, a URL there, but it is to me. Kinda like I felt when I finally figured out how to communicate with the guy that ran the juice bar on vacation. "No agave (sugar), and Mucho ice" (as opposed to two cups of ice because he thought that meant I wanted to glasses of the juice concoction) became the code needed to get the spinach-carrot-celery-pineapple concoction I indulged in after my morning run. But I digress...

This post would not be complete without an expression of gratitude for (my) Mister's assistance yesterday. Along with tossing our sheets in the washer/dryer, and monitoring the television viewing of the OPs, his assistance with the web page was priceless. Here are some of his helpful comments:

I am suppose to be taking over the web page at work...Just as soon as I learn how.
Would you stop clicking everything so fast?
Well, here is the problem...
I don't know what to do about it.
Hyperlink? I don't know.
Would you PLEASE scroll down slower?
I AM TO trying to figure it out.
Could I PLEASE see it, for just a second. PLEASE!

Once again his continued patience and support got me through. I wish I could give you all the address to the site so you could take a peek at how brilliant I am, but that would kinda go against the whole anonymity of my blog now wouldn't it? You're just gonna have to trust me on it I guess.

I also polished my brochure and business cards up yesterday. Now all I have to do is figure out what I am going to say when it is my turn to introduce my business. This may be my opportunity to further transition from full time care to increased respite care. I need to get the community to see the valuable need for more respite care to help me build a large enough client base to make my dream a reality.

When I finished with the business update I went for a nice and easy three mile run and gave thanks for the mild weather we have been having. January and I am running in shirt sleeves and no gloves! How great is that?

Here's to a great week, full of miracles and blessings for us all. Be on the look out...

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Very interesting....

Read the parasailing post. Way to go. I did that too and wasn't really scared til I got up. I thought it was peety scary, but cool. Great going, though!!

Patty said...

Hi Nancy,

Will you do it again? I rule nothing out but still...

All this work has kept my blog reading at a minimum, but I did read your 12 tenets and really appreciate your sharing them.

Random Musings said...

WEEHOO I LOVE the parasailing... HOW COOL WAS THAT!! I know you hated every minute but WEEHOOO

I am so glad for your business adventures... It will all fall into place..

Patty said...

And just think Random, if I am as lucky as you, people will start approaching me on the street and talk to me about their dying family members. (I can only poke fun at you because I love you.)

Why doesn't it surprise me that you love freakish sports? GIve me running or softball any day.