Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Thanks to the kindness of a stranger (who wants to remain anonymous) I feel like I've made it.... that I have arrived..... That what I have to say is important...... In other words, someone commented on my blog.

Isn't it interesting/amazing/strange/funny how we seek outside validation regarding what is inside of us? How many times have I said "I don't care what _______ thinks."? Did I mean it, or was it said to cover up just how much I did care? I had not really thought about what I might feel if someone really did comment, but had I thought about it, would I have focused on the positive feelings I experienced, or prepare to handle the possibility of someone having negitive things to say?

The lesson I choose to take away from the received comment is one that I feel strongly about..... one never sees the full impact of their actions (both positive and negative) bestowed on another human being, but that doesn't stop them from existing. Things that we do without a second thought can and do set up chain re-actions (again both positive and negative) that continue far into the future. Think about this chain the next time you interact with someone.

Patty

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you would have been very happy...excited :-)

People catch up...sooner or later..
words are often like seeds, they remain under the ground for some time and then fruit ...

I'm stumbled upon your blog today from another one and am enjoying every post of it :-)

Hope u get to read the comments and enjoy them :-))

mkc