Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Some food for thought not nurishment.....

Part of my morning routine includes checking my e-mail and banking activity. When I attempted to do so this morning, I discovered my server was down. With the server down, I also discovered how much the internet has become a habit to me. I am not one of "those" people that surf the web for hours out of the day. Add this blog sight and paying most of my bills online to the above mentioned, and you pretty much have the list of what I use the web for.

I guess what occured to me this morning, is that without even thinking about it, the web has snuck into my life on a daily basis. I am not saying this is a good thing or a bad thing.... just that it has. This got me to thinking about all of those little things that can sneek up on us and become part of our lives without our concsious consent. Some of these things can be classified as good (daily exercise, vitamins, that 1/2 of a banana that I grab first thing), some as bad (that four dollar latte, or my addiction to shoes), and some just are (I wake up at 5:30 am no matter what day it is). Of the afore mentioned, the only ones I made a consious commitment to was the daily exercise and vitamin. Does this lead to the conclusion that it's the things that might not be so positive for me that tend to sneak up on me? Is this a truth for you?

There are so many stimulations for our senses each and every day, that we need to be on gaurd and be aware of what we are allowing into our lives. Each of us need to make these choices on an individual basis, rather than let clever marketing, or others do this for us. Invite what you need into your life, while being sure to gaurd against unneeded things sneaking in.

Enjoy!
Patty

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sugar addiction :-( ... I'm aware but am unable to do anything as of now,
not for long though,let's see :-)
mkc